What if I need an Injury lawyer in Ivybridge?
Ivybridge is a small town in Devon. It lies about 9 miles east of Plymouth. It is at the Southern extremity of Dartmoor, a national park of England and Wales.
If you live in Ivybridge and own a motorcycle, then one day you may need an injury lawyer in Ivybridge. Riding a motorbike has become very popular on UK roads and now accounts for 1% of all traffic. If riders take care and other motor vehicles notice they are there, they should be perfectly safe. Unfortunately often other road users do not see them until it is too late and this accounts for nearly 50% of accidents that involve motorbikes.
If you are injured in a motorbike accident you may need to use an injury lawyer in Ivybridge
If bikers are sensible they will wear good quality leathers, boots and helmet to give them as much protection as possible. Unfortunately, if they are injured in an accident the consequences can be dire, they are 40 times more likely to die than a car driver. They may need to use an injury lawyer. Some of the injuries bikers sustain are:
- Road rash
- Cuts and bruises
- Back and spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
Injuries like these can be life changing, not just for the victim but for their immediate family as well. Sometimes, if they survive the accident the injuries are so severe they are not capable of using the injury lawyer themselves. In this situation, a relative should contact on their behalf.
What must be considered about a claim?
Before the personal injury claim is submitted, the impact on the life of the victim and family need to be considered. Our solicitors would look at every possible facet and these could include:Open Claim Calculator
- Home adaption, perhaps if their legs are damaged and they have to use a wheelchair
- Then they would need ramps fitted
- Home moving if the current home is totally unsuitable after the accident
- Travel costs to and from medical appointments
- Medical costs for extra medicines and treatment that might not be available on the NHS
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident
- Pain and suffering caused by the injuries
- Anxiety and stress
- Loss of earnings, for the future as well as the present
- Replacement of damaged goods. Although they never be able to ride again, they should be compensated for the value of leathers, helmet etc.
- Care costs if they are no longer able to look after themselves
What’s the best way to go about making a claim?
After an accident, the rider could well be very traumatised. The last thing on their mind will be finances, but at some time they have to be dealt with. If they are not going to be ale to go back to work how are they going to survive financially? This is the whole point of compensation, it’s not meant to be free money – it is to help cover the costs caused by the accident, for the future as well as now.
Instead of using a local injury lawyer in Ivybridge you should contact a national provider like Accident Advice Helpline for a superior service.
Accident Advice Helpline have all the expertise you need to do this. If you call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993, you will find the advisors are friendly and professional.