Looking for an injury lawyer on the Isle of Anglesey?
Anglesey is an island off the north west coast of Wales. Almost three quarters of the inhabitants are Welsh speakers and Ynys Mon, the Welsh name for the island, is used for the UK Parliament and National Assembly Constituencies.
Whilst it has a low crime rate, many residents there, may at some time have a need to use an injury lawyer. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is government funded to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. The fund is administered by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), who realise no amount of money can fully compensate for the injuries suffered, but the government sees it as recognition of public sympathy. If you are injured in a violent crime, you may need to use an injury lawyer in Isle of Anglesey to help you deal with CICA.
What does the scheme pay out?
There are several payments you can claim for as part of your injury lawyer claim, these are:
- Loss of earnings
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Special expense payments to cover injury related needs which are not free of charge anywhere else
Can I claim?
There are certain things that need to apply, for you to make a claim to the CICA, these include:
- If you are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- The incident must have been reported to the police
- You must have helped the police with their enquiries to give them the best possible chance of catching the villain
- You should be a British citizen or a national from an EU state that has a right to be in the UK
- You were the direct victim of a violent crime that happened within the last two years
- No blame was attached to you for the incident
- You sustained an injury whilst taking an exceptional and justified risk, when trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- If you sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one has been injured
Accident Advice Helpline is the best choice to deal with your claim
If you have met with an accident and are now looking for an injury lawyer on the Isle of Anglesey to help you claim you may want to consider using a national provider instead. There are a number of advantages a national provider like Accident Advice Helpline can offer that other smaller firms such as an injury lawyer on the Isle of Anglesey cannot.
For instance Accident Advice Helpline are specialists and only take on cases relating to personal injury. We have over 15 years’ experience and win over £35 million pounds in compensation for our clients every year.
Each case is unique and at Accident Advice Helpline we realise that and treat each claimant accordingly. We will look at every affected area of your life and make sure each one is compensated for.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and speak to one of our advisors, you will find them friendly and understanding and ready to help all they can.