How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Looking for an injury lawyer in Ipplepen

    Do you need an injury lawyer in Ipplepen?

    Ipplepen is a small village located within the county of Devon.

    Nearly 70% of the population was described as healthy, it also means over 30% must be classed as something else.  One reason for this could be food poisoning.  Food poisoning is caused by eating contaminated food and will make you feel very poorly.  If you have eaten out at a restaurant, had a takeaway or bought something at the local supermarket that has made you ill, you may be able to use an injury lawyer in Ipplepen.

    How does it happen? What would an injury lawyer in Ipplepen help me with?

    The cause of the contamination is usually bacteria, viruses or chemicals such as pesticides.  The contamination can occur when:

    • The use by date has been passed
    • Someone who is ill or had dirty hands has handled the food
    • Cross contamination with another food
    • The food is not thoroughly cooked
    • Cooked food has been kept at a warm temperature for too long
    • The food has not been stored at the correct temperature, particularly in the case of chilled foods

    In these conditions, bacteria and viruses are very happy and quickly multiply, probably giving you cause to use an injury lawyer in Ipplepen.

    There are higher risk foods you can avoid

    There are some foods that are more easily contaminated than others, such as:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Raw shellfish
    • Soft cheeses
    • Pate
    • Raw eggs
    • Unpasteurised milk
    • Poultry, pork and raw meats
    • Cooked sliced meats
    • Kebabs
    • Sausages
    • Burgers
    • Pre packed sandwiches

    If any of these are not kept in the right conditions, or cooked properly, you may become ill and need to use an injury lawyer.

    How will I know if I have food poisoning?

    Generally, if you have eaten affected food, you will start to feel ill within 1 – 3 days and then you may:

    • Suffer stomach cramps
    • Be listless
    • Be vomiting
    • Have diarrhoea

    You should rest, drink plenty of water in sips and not attempt any food until you start to feel better.  At first, you should only eat things that are easy to digest.  Then you should use an injury lawyer.

    More severe cases can have serious affects on a person’s health causing nerve damage and even fatalities.

    Should I report it?

    Food poisoning cases should be reported to the Foods Standards Agency for them to investigate and find the source.  It might not be the fault of the food outlet that caused your food poisoning; it could be one of their suppliers.  The Foods Standards Agency can visit and ensure that all rules and regulations are being adhered to and if they are not, can make them close until things are put in order.

    Where you can go to make your personal injury compensation claim

    Instead of using an local injury lawyer in Ipplepen you should consider using a national provider like Accident Advice Helpline.  You can call our helpline number, 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and speak to one of our friendly advisors.  They will assist you all they can.

    Date Published: 29th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.