Claiming compensation in Dolgellau
Eye injuries can range from minor afflictions which cause temporary discomfort to the most serious types of eye injury causing permanent blindness. The eyes are very sensitive, and as well as loss of sight injuries to the eye can cause large amounts of pain.
Any eye injury can lead to a certain amount of impairment of vision, making it impossible for the victim to continue working.
Types of injury
As well as the potential for an eye injury to be caused by the eye area being hit and injured by an object, injuries to the eye can include burns, cuts, scratches and irritation. Small objects travelling at high speeds are the most likely to cause serious eye injuries. Examples of these objects include glass or other objects propelled during a motoring accident.
If you are suffering from an eye injury, your symptoms will vary depending on how the injury occurred. Below are some of the most common eye injury symptoms:
- Iritis: This is an inflammation of the iris which often occurs following a blow to the eye. Symptoms can include decreased vision, an aching sensation, light sensitivity and increased tearing, and the condition usually requires medical treatment.
- Scratches: If you have a scratch on the cornea (the outer surface of the eye), the symptoms may be similar to having a foreign object stuck in your eye. They could include a sensation that something is stuck in the eye, increased tearing, sensitivity to light and pain.
- Chemical eye injuries: If your eye has been injured as a result of chemical exposure, your eye may turn red and the eyelids could become swollen. You are also likely to feel pain or a burning sensation.
- Bleeding: If you have noticed a red area on the eye, it may seem worrying. However, this is usually due to a burst blood vessel on the eye’s surface and should heal slowly without any symptoms.
- Fracture: An orbital fracture will cause symptoms such as swelling, double vision, pain (particularly with movement of the eyes) and bruising.
Making a claim
If your eye injury was the result of an accident that was not your fault, and you have suffered financially through lost wages, then you have every right to make a compensation claim not only for your injury, but for your financial losses as well.Open Claim Calculator
Before you contact a lawyer about claiming compensation in Dolgellau, why not get some no-obligation advice from Accident Advice Helpline? We have been helping accident victims for over 16 years and work alongside 200 legal partners, all of whom work on a no win no fee basis. You can call us for no-obligation advice seven days a week. Do pick up the phone and find about your rights to claiming compensation in Dolgellau.
If you have lost wages due to an eye injury, you may be entitled to compensation. Speak to a local injury lawyer about claiming compensation in Dolgellau, or call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.