Have you been involved in an accident that was not your fault? Knowing what to do next can be quite difficult not only immediately after the accident but in the following months as well. There are steps you can take to make sure that you not only get the best care immediately following your accident but also to ensure that you are in the right position to make a successful compensation claim via an injury lawyer Christchurch may well have plenty of firms for you to choose from but it always pays to understand what you should do and when to give yourself the best chance.
Steps to take following an accident.
- If you require medical attention then you should contact your local G.P or local hospital straight away. It is important that you explain to them how the accident happened and how your injury occurred as this will be seen as evidence later on in your claim.
- If you were at work contact your manager or health and safety officer and make sure an accident report is completed.
- If it was a road traffic accident or if it happened in a public place notify the relevant authorities straight away.
- If you are a member of a trade union or other official body speak to them as they will have a representative who can help you.
- Find out what will happen while you are out of work. Your local benefits office will be able to give you advice on what you may be entitled to.
- Look for a personal injury lawyer and discuss making a compensation claim. If you are looking for an injury lawyer in Christow may not have too many opportunities. You can deal with a national company who can deal with your claim via the telephone if this is the case.
- Speak to one of the charitable organisations that have been set up to help accident victims cope with their injuries and get their lives back to normal as soon as is possible.
Injury lawyer in Christow- What if someone contacts you?
You may find that companies are able to get hold of your details following an accident and may make contact with you. You are under no obligation to deal with them but can take your time and fins an injury lawyer in Christow may provide you with the answer you need or you can call Accident Advice Helpline and get no obligation advice from one of our trained advisers. Our lines are open seven days a week twenty four hours a day.
Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 033 500 0993 from a mobile today and discuss your rights to a compensation claim following your accident.
Date Published: 27th October 2013
Author: David Brown