Are you just recovering from a nasty road traffic accident? You are probably feeling very stunned and dazed. If your injury is mild or moderate then you are probably feeling hugely relieved that things were not a lot worse.
If the accident was not your own fault then you may want to think about consulting a personal injury lawyer in Cefn to start a compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline can give you a lot more information about this and explain in detail what a personal injury lawyer in Cefn could do for you. They are experienced in dealing with the full range of road traffic accident claims.
If you have only suffered mild or moderate injuries in your road traffic accident then this may be down to the fact that you were sensible enough to wear a seatbelt. These devices save hundreds of lives a year. However, they are not magic and it is still possible to suffer very nasty injuries in a car accident even if you were wearing a seat belt. A personal injury lawyer in Cefn can help you to claim compensation for those injuries and, in general, the more serious your injuries the more money you will be awarded.
Making a claim with a personal injury lawyer in Cefn – the part played by seatbelts
Are you confident that the seatbelt in your car is working effectively? If you end up having to consult a personal injury lawyer in Cefn have you reduced the severity of your injuries as much as you could?
We should all know by now that simply wearing a seatbelt is not enough to keep you safe. These are the top tips for making the most of your seatbelt.
- Wear your seatbelt as tightly as you can. This makes them more effective than when they are slack.
- The lap belt is for your lap – this means your pelvis area and not your stomach
- The shoulder belt is for your shoulder and not for your neck. If it is at neck level it could cause a nasty neck injury
- Do not assume that your seatbelts will work properly. Seatbelts get old and become less effective. If you have fraying or fluffing around the edges of the fabric of the seatbelt it may need to be checked.
- If there is a cut in the fabric which has caused it to split or if there is damage to the seat buckle then this needs to be checked
- Has your car already been involved in an accident? If this is the case then the webbing (fabric) of the seatbelt may have already stretched. If you are involved in another accident it will have no ‘stretch’ left and will not work properly.
Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.