If you have recently been involved in an accident that was not your fault and are in the process of hunting for a personal injury lawyer in Cambridgeshire then there is a good chance that it was caused by a young driver. Statistics have shown that older, more experienced drivers are less likely to feature in cases handled by a personal injury lawyer in Cambridgeshire.
Statistics also reveal that young, less-experienced drivers are more likely to be involved in:
- Accidents when they are overtaking
- High speed accidents
- Accidents when they are negotiating a bend
- Accidents at night (i.e. accidents in the dark)
Why do young drivers feature in claims handled by an injury lawyer in Cambridgeshire?
Whilst we know that a personal injury lawyer in Cambridgeshire will handle many accidents caused by young drivers, the reasons for this are complicated and ill-defined. It is likely that there are several factors that work together to present a dangerous situation and they may be:
- Young age
- Lack of experience
- Attitude – young drivers are more eager to take risks when driving
- Gender – young male drivers have a higher accident rate than young female drivers
- Hazard identification – young drivers are less able to spot road hazards
- Ability – young drivers believe that they are better at controlling cars than they actually are
- Passengers – young drivers have a tendency to show off” in front of their peers
Is it only young drivers that feature in claims handed by an injury lawyer in Cambridgeshire?
No it is not! Many middle-aged and elderly drivers also cause accidents every day of the year. Some more mature drivers are guilty of great complacency when they are driving. They may also be trying to juggle work and home life commitments as they are driving so they may not be concentrating on the road. Elderly drivers need to take measures to ensure that their eye-sight is still good enough driving.
What should I do if my accident was caused by a young driver?
The procedure is pretty much the same whatever the age of the driver that caused the accident. At the scene you should act calmly, remember that this is probably the first accident that the young driver has been involved in. Collect all the details that you will need for your compensation claim:Open Claim Calculator
- The driver’s name, contact details and registration number
- Witness contact details
- Photographs or sketches of the scene
Also, get some medical attention for your injuries then call Accident Advice Helpline – they can allocate you a personal injury lawyer. You can call Accident Advice Helpline whenever you want. Explain the details of your case to the friendly, professional advisers and they will tell you what to do next.