How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyer in Bridport

    It goes without saying that some types of accident occur a lot more often than others. Some of the most common are slips, trips, and falls; there are many ways in which a person could fall victim. These include:

    • Trips on uneven or damaged pavement – local councils usually have public liability insurance to cover any claims
    • Falls from unstable or unguarded platforms – dependent on where these take place, falls are covered by either public liability or employer’s liability insurance
    • Tripping over a hazard you can reasonably expect should not have been there, or falling afoul of a spillage that has not been cleaned up.

    No two people will be affected by the same accident in the same way, but no matter how minor your injuries may seem you may still be entitled to compensation.

     Finding out who is responsible for your accident

    The person responsible for your slip, trip or fall varies dependent on where the accident took place and the circumstances surrounding it.

    If an accident occurs at work, responsibility will usually lie with your employer. There are many ways in which employers can fail in their health and safety responsibilities; bad housekeeping for example, or poor staff training. Should you want to make a claim, you needn’t worry about your employer being out of pocket; by law employers are required to have employer’s liability insurance, so any injury claim would be against the company that provides the insurance and not your employer.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If an accident occurs in a public place, for example if you fall over an unmarked crack in a pavement, the payout will be covered by the local council’s public liability insurance.

    The perfect injury lawyer Bridport

    One of the largest law firms in the UK and backed by TV personality Esther Rantzen, Accident Advice Helpline has more than a decade of experience in dealing with personal injury cases and can help you get the compensation you deserve. Provided your accident took place within the last three years and was someone else’s fault, you should have a good case.

    We guarantee that your case will be treated professionally and in the strictest confidence; however, there’s absolutely no obligation to proceed.

    Most claims can be handled over the phone and the majority of claimants will not need to attend court. You may, however, be called upon to attend a medical assessment in order to provide evidence of your injury.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: 24th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.