What is a personal injury law firm?
Do I need to use a personal injury law firm to make my compensation claim?
- Reputation – the reputation of your chosen lawyer or firm will give you a good guide as to what level of service and support you can expect. You can also get a feel for whether your firm has the ability to get the very best from your case.
- Cost – your choice of lawyer or firm should definitely be offering you no win no fee. But they also should not be asking for any fee until your compensation is awarded. Any upfront fee immediately puts you at financial risk and is completely unnecessary. For this reason, avoid anyone who asks you for an upfront fee.
- Locality – you’re not likely to worry about whether your helpline and any support and guidance is offered to you in your local area or not. If you are calling your advisors, they will be just as effective over the phone no matter where in the UK they are. But try to make sure that your firm will offer you legal support in your own local area. If your case goes to court, you will benefit from a solicitor who is close to you.
- Influence and size – there may be industries in which the one-person firm is superior, but the compensation system is not one of them. Choose a firm that has the scope and expertise to make sure you have all of the resources you need to make your claim as successful and stress free as it can be.
- Experience – choosing a firm with years of experience means that they can give you good advice based on a huge database of past cases. It also means that any hurdles you might come across are easily predicted and avoided, giving you a smooth claim process.
- Other support services – make sure that you are aware of the full package. For example, some firms will fill in all of your paperwork for you, organise medical appointments and timetable every stage of your claim process. Some firms will also offer a 24 hour helpline and access to specialist advisors. These additional support services can dramatically reduce the effort your claim demands from you, so it’s important to decide what level of support you are looking for.
For a no obligation chat with our friendly, professional advice team, call Accident Advice Helpline and talk to us about your circumstances and priorities. What do you have to lose?You can give our team a call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to discuss things in more detail.
Date Published: 26th January 2013
Author: David Brown