Suffering an injury from a car accident
We live in a world dominated by the use of cars, by getting everywhere using roads. Whether you are a driver being driven, or a road user on another form of transport, the fact is that cars are everywhere. This means the possibility of sustaining an injury from a car accident is high. We are fortunate to be living in time in which manufacturers have highly evolved mechanisms, which can assist us when the worst happens, but a car accident can still be a very serious business.
If you have had your life impacted in any way as a result of someone else’s negligence which led to an injury from a car accident, then you should make a claim for compensation. Take our really quick 30-second test to see if you can claim, then give us a call today.
Making a claim for compensation for an injury from a car accident
Evidence is what is going to help you to make a compensation claim. Whatever your situation, it is imperative that you are able to prove that the other party caused your car accident through their negligence. Top tips:
- Keep a pen and paper on you in case you need to suddenly take someone’s details;
- Make a note on your phone. We advise sending this as an email to yourself to be sure;
- It is a legal requirement for whoever is involved in a car crash to exchange their details;
- Take photos. The scene might be very different a few months later, so it is essential that you try and record the scene as it was at the time of your car accident;
- Write a detailed description of what happened. Often after a traumatic event we want to forget, but this can hamper the compensation claim down the line;
- Make a note of any car registration plates, the address of the road and the time of the accident; and
- See a doctor as soon as you can. Any medical evidence will be very useful in bringing a compensation claim that is successful.
Remember, you have the right not to be impacted by someone else’s negligent actions. Making a claim for compensation is part of you standing up for your right not to damaged. You might well need extensive support from medical professionals after your injury from a car accident, and it is important that you have the financial support to get your life back on the road. Accident Advice Helpline have many years of experience in dealing with extraordinary circumstances which have impacted on people’s everyday lives. Give us a call on 0800 689 0500 today and take advantage of our knowledge.
Date Published: 16th May 2013