Had a hiking injury? You need injury experts in St Blazey Gate!
Hiking and walking are increasingly popular leisure time pursuits, particularly walking or hiking in groups of likeminded people. Hiking and walking offer the opportunity to explore and discover the natural landscape of our beautiful country, whilst enjoying the benefits of regular exercise and fresh air.
However, it is important that you set off prepared for any eventuality, as the weather conditions can deteriorate rapidly if you are out on the fells and moors, causing accidents to happen and injuries to be sustained. Our injury experts in St Blazey Gate can assist you in making your personal injury compensation claim if you are injured.
Keeping safe when walking or hiking
- Always wear layers of warm, waterproof and windproof clothing to protect and insulate the body against the changing elements of the weather.
- Always pack gloves and a hat, even in sunny weather.
- Take adequate water and take regular sips to remain hydrated.
- Pack high energy foods such as slow release carbohydrates like dried fruit, trail mix and boosts like chocolate.
- Wear sturdy and sensible footwear, such as walking boots which protect the heel and have ridged soles to prevent slipping and improve grip.
- Pack an OS map, compass, torch with spare batteries and bulbs, watch, and whistle in case of emergency or becoming lost.
- Always tell someone where you are going and what time you intend to return.
- Always keep dogs on leads, especially around livestock — their lives may depend on it!
When out and about
- Regularly check the OS map and familiarise yourself with landmarks to stay on course.
- Always take any litter home with you.
- Always close farm gates and leave the area as you found it.
- Take care crossing stiles. They can be slippery and in poor repair, causing slips, trips and falls.
- Do not approach cattle with calves. They can be protective and become aggressive if you are too close.
- Take any local advice that you are given and follow the designated footpaths.
- Do not feed animals that you may see on your walk, especially horses as they may bite!
Making your injury claim using injury experts in St Blazey Gate
If you or someone you know have been injured as a result of a walking or hiking accident that wasn’t their fault within the last three years, then you may be legally entitled to make an injury compensation claim using injury experts in St Blazey Gate.
Accident Advice Helpline were established over 16 years’ ago to help people claim compensation over the phone. Why not go online and try our unique 30-second test to see if you can claim using injury experts in St Blazey Gate? Alternatively give our team a call by dialing 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile).
The injury lawyers will act on your behalf on 100% compensation no-win, no-fee* basis.
Date Published: 5th November 2013
Author: David Brown