If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault you may be entitled to compensation for your injury. There is a lot of information online about making a personal injury claim, but it can be hard to sift through to find the information that is relevant to you.
We have a helpline where you can get legal advice to help you make an informed decision about claiming compensation about your injury. But to help you get an understanding of the claim process we have compiled some basic injury compensation facts for Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Injury compensation facts for Newcastle-under-Lyme
- You can claim personal injury compensation for an injury, an illness, or a psychological illness, so long as the accident that you were involved in was someone else’s fault, and you have seen a doctor about the injury that you wish to claim for.
- You have three years from the date of your accident in which to start your claim. But don’t claim until you are sure that you have recovered from your injury, otherwise you may not get all of the compensation that you would have been entitled to.
- You cannot get legal aid to help with the cost of making a personal injury claim, but you can avoid paying your legal fees upfront by using a lawyer who works under the no win no fee agreement, like the lawyers who work here at Accident Advice Helpline.
- Most personal injury claims are settled out of court. This keeps legal costs down for all of the parties involved in the case, and ensures that accident victims get their compensation as quickly as possible.
- There aren’t set amounts of compensation for different injuries. The amount of compensation that you get will depend on how serious your injury was, and how much your injury affected your life, but you can get an estimate of how much you could be owed by using the compensation calculator tool on our website.
Claiming compensation with Accident Advice Helpline
If you want to make a compensation claim we can help you. Our injury lawyers will work hard to make sure that your claim is successful, and that you get the injury compensation that you deserve.
To talk to us about starting your personal injury claim today call our helpline on 0800 689 0500. Or call 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling us from a mobile. Alternatively, text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and one of our advisors will call you. Lines are open 24 hours a day and calls are kept confidential.
Date Published: 5th November 2015
Author: David Brown