Injury claims solicitor in Lochinver
Lochinver is a coastal village located in the Sutherland area of Scotland. It is known for being the second largest fishing port in Scotland and fisherman come from as far away as Spain and France to fish in the lochs of Lochinver. While fishing is generally a low risk activity it is important to stay safe in order to avoid any accidents that could occur.
Tips for avoiding fishing boat injuries
- Always bring a life jacket and wear it before any fishing as it can save your life if you do fall into the water
- Make sure that there is a life jacket available for every person on board the boat including children
- When you are using and storing your fishing equipment, make sure to handle them safely as fishing hooks and rods can be dangerous
- Research the weather conditions for your upcoming fishing trip and be aware that the weather conditions can change suddenly
- Make sure that your boat’s radio and safety equipment are working properly before going fishing and that you have enough fuel for the duration of the trip
- Have your boat serviced regularly
- Always wear non-slip shoes as any slips or falls could cause injury
- Wear sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses as even on an overcast day you are prone to sunburn
If you do unfortunately have an injury while on a fishing trip then you may be eligible for compensation and should call Accident Advice Helpline to receive the help and advice of our injury solicitor in Lochinver.
Can I receive compensation for an injury in Lochinver?
If you are injured in Lochinver you are likely to receive compensation if:
- The injury was caused by someone else other than yourself
- You required medical treatment for your injury
- The injury occurred within the last 3 years
If your injury meets these conditions then you have a good chance of receiving compensation and need the help of injury claims solicitor in Lochinver. Most of our claimants don’t even have to attend court.
How do I make a compensation claim?
To start your claim, call Accident Advice Helpline at any time or day on 0800 689 0500. You can also contact us on your mobile at 0333 500 0993. One of our friendly, professional advisors will answer any questions you have and treat your matters with the utmost confidentiality. Our advisers will help you to find out if you qualify for compensation and can estimate how much you may receive in compensation using Accident Advice Helpline’s 30 second test.Open Claim Calculator
If you do decide to make a compensation claim then you will be referred to our injury claims solicitor in Lochinver. Our legal team takes on cases with a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis and has over 10 years’ experience as a successful personal injury law firm.