Suffered a head injury in an accident? Need an injury claims solicitor in Lavenham to represent your interests?
Allow our legal experts to take the sting out of your accident compensation claim!
Head injuries can come with some serious symptoms and the extent of an injury to the head is not always noticeable right away. If you have suffered a blow to the head then you should see a GP as soon as you are able to, no matter the circumstances or however ‘minor’ the injury seems to be at first.
Blows to the head are particularly worrying because of the potential of injury to the brain, central nervous system and the spinal cord.
Symptoms of head injury can include:
- concussion which can cause short lived loss of mental function
- seizures or fits when the body moves uncontrollably
- difficulty speaking or staying awake and disorientation
- sensory problems such as difficulty with vision and hearing such as double vision, partial vision, blurred vision and hearing loss
If the casualty does lose consciousness, even for a short amount of time, then they should be taken to a hospital A&E department for treatment. If you are unable to take them to hospital, then call emergency services to attend the scene
Determining head injuries
Head injuries are categorised according to a medical assessment tool known as the Glasgow Coma Scale which runs from 3 to 15. This scale identifies and categorises how serious the head injury is and how severely the brain has been damaged.
A scale of 8 or less means that a severe head injury has been diagnosed. Further tests, to aid in diagnosis, may involve..
- x rays
- computerised tomography
- magnetic resonance image scanning
- Treating a severe head injury
Treatment for head injury
- observation for any changes in the casualty’s condition
- running tests to check for further damage
- treating other injuries
- treat any complications such as bleeding, swelling or blood clots as these can cause brain damage which may be temporary or permanent
Making a compensation claim with an injury solicitor specialist
It is important to ensure that you receive the compensation that you are legally entitled to claim following a severe head injury that..
- was caused as a result of an accident that was not your fault…
- … and that occurred within the last 3 years.
Claiming with Accident Advice Helpline or an injury claims solicitor in Lavenham
By using the services of a law firm, you can be assured of receiving the best possible outcome for your head injury claim. Accident Advice Helpline have a 24/7 helpline staffed by professional and sensitive advisors, who are fully trained to answer your queries and explain the legal process of making an injury claim using an injury lawyer. Give them a call today on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Although Accident Advice Helpline do not have access to a local injury solicitor in Lavenham they can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an injury claims solicitor in Lavenham look no further than this expert service.
Their legal expert will process your injury claim accountably and reliably until it’s completion on a 100% no win no fee* basis. If you wish to find out if you can claim now, go on line and take their unique 30 second on line test – for an immediate decision!