We often associate compensation claims with the actions or negligence of another person but, as our expert injury solicitors will tell you, sometimes people are hurt as a direct result of a piece of equipment failing.
However, before you start thinking you can claim for a broken can opener, there are a few factors that need to be taken into account. Some pieces of equipment, when sold to a consumer, can be faulty.
Hopefully, you will not have been hurt or injured, and you can take the product back to the shop and ask for a full refund.
When equipment is sold to people ‘not fit for purpose’ and they are hurt as a consequence, then you could be entitled to claim; the best option is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and see if one of our injury solicitors could help you.
What type of products?
There is no definitive list of what is and what is not covered, but some examples are;
- Being chemically burnt by hair dyes in hairdressers or where the product is proved as being faulty
- Chairs which collapse due to them missing parts etc. that have caused people injury on falling
- Power tools, wired incorrectly by the manufacturer, injuring the user
Some people have suffered incredibly serious injuries in these kinds of circumstances, from amputations to burns and, in some cases, irreversible spinal damage.
Can Accident Advice Helpline help me?
We can certainly try, but the first step that you need to take is to discuss your potential compensation claim with us. Our friendly, yet knowledgeable and professional advisers will be only too pleased to do this. You don’t need an injury claims solicitor in Avon specifically to make a claim, as our solicitors work nationwide.
They will look carefully at your case, objectively assessing whether…
- Your claim is being made within three years of the date of the accident – the sooner, the better in most cases, but this is not always possible if you are recovering from serious injury
- The injuries you received gave you symptoms e.g. needing treatment for lacerations, or burns for example; you will also need to show you sought medical attention for your injuries
- You were responsible for the incident or accident in which you were hurt – this is laid down in British law and is the basis in which all compensation claims are made.
Looking for an injury claims solicitor in Avon?
Although we do not have a local injury claims solicitor in Avon, we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an injury solicitor in Avon, look no further than our expert service.
Being hurt is no fun and so if you can claim financial justice for your injuries, get the best injury claims solicitor in Avon on your side by calling Accident Advice Helpline now on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 8th February 2014
Author: David Brown