Could you benefit from the assistance of a no win no fee injury claims solicitor in Auchterarder?
Many things happen in life and unfortunately, accidents are one of them. They can happen when we least expect them. In many cases, luckily the injuries and effects on our day to day lives are minimal but, for some people the effects are longer term and life changing.
One thing that we can be left with after an accident is scars – mental and physical. One accident that can leave us with dreadful scars on both senses, is from burns.
Have you been burnt?
Claiming compensation for a burn injury is quite possible with the help of an expert legal team.
Burning the skin is often described as degrees:
- First degree burns affect the outer layer of the skin only; causing pain, redness and swelling they can be sore and uncomfortable.
- Second degree burns are when both layers of the skin are affected, the outer and under layer. With these types of burns, blistering is common, as well as redness, swelling and pain.
- Third degree burns are incredibly painful as they extend through the layers of skin, into the deeper tissues. Skin can be charred and, although causing incredible pain, some people also report that they feel numb and the physical scars to the skin can be extensive.
How can an injury solicitor help?
Burns are common in many industrial accidents as well as in other catastrophic events; they can be caused by fire and heat, as well as from chemicals.
How you sustained a burn injury is important in making a claim with an injury solicitor, as they will need to ensure that your compensation case meets the personal injury law criteria for eligible claims:
- However you received your burn or burns, the accident or event must NOT have been your fault; for example, a chemical burn may have been from lack of training or the incorrect equipment being used. Providing it is not your fault, you could have a claim.
- The accident must have occurred within the last three years therefore, you must be making a compensation claim within this 3 year deadline. If it falls outside of these parameters, your injury solicitor in will not be able to help.
- And finally, broadly speaking, you must also have received treatment for your injuries. Clearly, with some burns, we might be tempted to self-medicate; on one hand, this is fine but, if you intent making a compensation claim you must have had your burn(s) assessed by a medical professional. In cases of severe burns, many people not only see a number of specialists but also plastic surgeons too.
Looking for an injury claims solicitor in Auchterarder?
We at Accident Advice Helpline work nationwide meaning we help accident victims regardless of where they live. This means that even though we do not have a local injury solicitor in Auchterarder we can still help. So for an injury claims solicitor in Auchterarder, or anywhere else, get in touch!
Think you have a claim? Call Accident Advice Helpline on: 0800 689 0500
Date Published: 8th February 2014
Author: David Brown