Injury lawyer Loughton
Loughton is a town and civil parish in the Epping Forest district of Essex. Loughton includes three conservation areas and there are 56 listed buildings in the town. The earliest structure in Loughton is Loughton Camp, an Iron Age earth fort in Epping Forest dating from around 500 BC. Hidden by dense undergrowth for centuries, it was rediscovered in 1872. It is doubtful whether there were any health and safety rules in the Iron Age, but if an employer does not comply with them today and an employee is injured through the employers negligence, the employee may well use an injury claims lawyer in Loughton.
As we are no longer in the Iron Age, employees can use an injury claims lawyer in Loughton
Employers have certain duties towards their workforce. They have to protect their health and safety while they are at work and make sure they have a safe working environment. They have to make sure there is enough room to work in comfortably, that proper breaks are taken during the working day. They should supply all the necessary safety clothing and equipment, free of any charge to the staff and it is compulsory to have employers liability insurance, with a minimum cover of £5,000,000.
Employees do not need to take out any form of insurance but they do have duties towards their employer and work mates, such as:
- Ensure any machinery is in proper working order before you use it and if it is not, report it immediately and refuse to use it until any problems have been rectified.
- Refuse to work on any equipment that does not have the safety devices fitted.
- Not appearing at work the worse for alcohol. This is a sackable offence, which would probably result in instant dismissal.
- Keeping their work area in a tidy condition, if not they may cause someone else to be injured in an accident.
- Ensure they wear any protective clothing provided and ask for replacements as they wear out.
- Take any breaks that are part of the working day, tiredness can lead to lack of concentration which can be lethal.
Accidents will still happen
If both parties follow all the health and safety guidelines, there will still be occasions when accidents happen. Accidents at work can be very nasty and cause untold damages to the person involved, both physical and psychological.
If someone is injured in an accident at work and the accident was not their fault, they will be entitled to make a personal injury claim using an injury claims lawyer in Loughton
Accident Advice Helpline have handled thousands of worked related personal injury compensation claims
Here at Accident Advice Helpline we are specialists in personal injury claims, no matter the cause. We have a wealth of expertise gained during our many years in aiding people with their injury compensation claims.
You can contact our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly professional advisers to put your claim in motion. Alternatively, you can complete the 30-second test on our website for a rough idea of the amount you may be awarded.
Date Published: 6th October 2013
Author: David Brown