Long Crendon is a village within Aylesbury Vale district in Buckinghamshire. The village has been called Long Crendon only since the English Civil War. The ‘Long’ prefix refers simply to the length of the village at that time, and was added to differentiate it from nearby Crendon Underwood. Previously it was simply known as Crendon. This name is Old English and means Creoda’s Hill (in 1086 it was listed in the Domesday Book as Crededone). Buckinghamshire attracts many cyclists to its beautiful roads, which sadly means it has its fair share of cycling accidents. If a cyclist is injured in an accident that was not their fault, they may be able to use an injury claims lawyer in Long Crendon.
Avoiding a cycle accident
No one can ever promise you that you will not be involved in accident where injuries are sustained, but there are steps you can take to minimise the risk of serious injury and hopefully avoid having to use an injury lawyer in Long Crendon.
- Probably the most important thing to do is wear a good quality safety helmet. Protecting your head is important.
- Other protection can be worn as well, uch as kneepads or elbow pads. These can help avoid nasty injuries to your joints should you fall from your cycle. They are particularly good for children to wear, so avoiding injury to their bones that are more likely to break than those of an adult
- If you are riding in anything other than daylight, it is a good idea to wear something reflective. The headlights of motor vehicles pick up high visibility jackets or reflective strips on your clothing, so you will hopefully be seen before it’s too late
- Don’t listen to music or try to text or talk on your mobile while cycling. These will take your attention away from the road and may stop you hearing approaching traffic, putting yourself in unnecessary danger
- Don’t ride next to other cyclists
- Leave at least a door width when passing parked cars.
- Have a good knowledge of the highway code
- Ensure your cycle is in proper working order, particularly the brakes
- Be aware of and adapt your riding to the conditions of the road
Injury claims lawyer in Long Crendon
In every accident, someone has been negligent. It may be the driver of another vehicle, it may be the local authority responsible for maintaining the road, it might be the manufacturer of the cycle or it may be the cyclist. Whoever is at fault has to be accountable for their actions, and should not be surprised if they have to face an injury lawyer in Long Crendon.
If you’re looking for injury claims lawyer in Long Crendon, Accident Advice Helpline have experts in this field and will be invaluable in assisting you with your compensation claim. You can contact us on our free phone number – 0800 689 0500. Or call us on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone (charges may apply), and speak to one of the friendly advisers, or you can complete the 30-second test on our website for guidance.
Date Published: 6th October 2013
Author: David Brown