Injury claims lawyer in Lochmaben and health and safety
Lochmaben is a small town in Scotland, and site of a once important castle. At some point in the 13th century the Bruces built a castle, probably a Keep, at Lochmaben, the remains of which now lie under a golf course. It is claimed that King Robert I of Scotland (Bruce) was born there, which is why the town adopted the motto “From us is born the liberator king” (in Latin) on its coat of arms. In a small town there will not be many employers, but the ones there are have the same legal duties as employers everywhere in the UK.
Explain employers’ duties and why we might need to use an injury claims lawyer in Lochmaben
All employers in the UK have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. They need to create a safe working environment and if they do not comply with the regulations, and an employee is injured in an accident, they may face an injury claims lawyer in Lochmaben.
What the employer needs to do
There are things employers should do to comply with the health and safety rules to make sure employees are not injured and have to use an injury lawyer in Lochmaben. These include:
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
- They should make sure you have proper breaks
- They need to provide protective clothing, free of charge
- Make sure there are proper sanitary facilities
- Record all accidents in an accident book
- Making sure you have enough room to do your job comfortable
- All plant and equipment should be in proper working order
- Have a health and safety policy and ensure everyone knows and implements the contents
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency, and ensure all employees know what to do
- Have regular fire drills
- Any safety guards or devices should be in place and in proper working order
- Give proper training in the use of plant and machinery
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
If the employer fails to comply with these, or any other regulations that apply specifically to their trade or profession, and an employee is injured in an accident through no fault of their own, they may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using an injury lawyer in Lochmaben.
The employees also needs to take their share of responsibility be not doing anything that would put themselves or anyone else in danger. They should wear all protective clothing provided and abide by all the health and safety rules of their employer.
What a blameless victim needs to do
Blameless victims of accidents should contact Accident Advice Helpline who have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation they deserved, and we can help you.
On our website, there is a 30-second test that will let you know if you have a valid claim, and if you do will give you an estimate of the amount you might receive.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our advisers. They will take you through the process needed to proceed, but will not put you under any pressure to do so.