In a small town like Lochmaben there will not be many employers, but the ones there are have the same legal duties as employers everywhere in the UK. If they don’t stick to the regulations, you could be looking for an injury claims lawyer in Lochmaben to make a claim against them.
All employers in the UK have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. They need to create a safe working environment and if they do not comply with the regulations, and an employee is injured in an accident, they may face an injury claims lawyer in Lochmaben.
There are things employers should do to comply with the health and safety rules to make sure employees are not injured. These include:
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
- They should make sure you have proper breaks
- They need to provide protective clothing, free of charge
- All plant and equipment should be in proper working order
- Have a health and safety policy and ensure everyone knows and implements the contents, including accident reporting
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency, and ensure all employees know what to do
If the employer fails to comply with these, or any other regulations that apply specifically to their trade or profession, and an employee is injured in an accident through no fault of their own, they may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using an injury claims lawyer in Lochmaben.
Find out what to do from Accident Advice Helpline
Blameless victims of accidents should contact Accident Advice Helpline who have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation they deserved, and we can help you.
On our website, there is a 30-second test that will let you know if you have a valid claim, and if you do will give you an estimate of the amount you might receive. To make a claim:
- Your accident must have been someone else’s fault.
- Your injuries must have received treatment.
- Your claim must be started within 3 years.
Call if you need an injury claims lawyer in Lochmaben
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 free is you use a landlines or call us on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to one of our advisors. They will take you through the process needed to proceed, but will not put you under any pressure to do so.
If you claim with Accident Advice Helpline your claim will be made on a no-win, no-fee basis, so call us now for free, no-obligation advice.
Date Published: 5th October 2013
Author: David Brown