Making a fatal injury claim
Limavady is a market town in County Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Limavady had a population of 12,135 people as of the 2001 census – an increase of some 17% since 1991. When a family member dies in Limavady, or anywhere else for that matter, they are naturally very upset, but if the death was unnecessary because someone else caused it, the effects are devastating and the family should make a compensation claim using an injury claims lawyer in Limavady. Feelings of anger and resentment will make the whole grieving process so much harder for the bereaved family.
Finances may mean that they have to use an injury claims lawyer in Limavady
The law says that anyone who was dependent on the deceased can make a personal injury compensation claim. There lies another problem, as well as losing a loved one, the family could be facing huge financial problems because of the loss of the victim’s wage, or because the spouse now needs to stay at home to look after the children. As hard as it will be, they really need to consider using an injury claims lawyer in Limavady, and below are the dependants that may make the claim:
- Husband or wife
- Ex-husband or wife
- Civil partner
- Ex-civil partner
- Someone who lived with the deceased, as husband or wife, for at least two years
- A parent
- A child
- A child within the family that was treated as their own by the deceased
- Brothers and sisters
- Uncles and aunts
- Nephews and nieces
What the family can claim for
Depending on the circumstances of the family, the injury lawyer in Limavady will look at every area of the effects of losing the loved one, and may claim for things like:
- The pain and suffering of the deceased if they were aware of pain before they died
- Funeral costs
- Probate costs
- Loss of future income, this would be more for a younger person as it would be assumed they would work for more years
- Statutory bereavement costs, which can only be paid once. If more than one person proves their dependency, the amount is split equally between them.
- The costs of things the deceased would have done, for instance gardening. decorating or childcare.
- Any other cost or loss, which is a direct result of the deceased losing their life in an accident that was not their fault.
A family member should contact Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with fatal accident claims for over 15 years. We are experienced in this field and will not let the family down. Our advisors are highly trained and friendly. They will deal with the family with compassion whilst making sure that everything is in order for the claim to go ahead using our injury claims lawyer in Limavady. You can contact us on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 from a land line or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Or you can try the 30-second test on our website. This firstly will let you know if you qualify for a claim and secondly will let you know a rough idea of the amount of compensation you may receive. Call or click online today!Open Claim Calculator