I’ve had an accident at work and need an injury claims lawyer in Leominster
Leominster is a market town in Herefordshire. With a population of approximately 11,000 people, it is the largest of the five towns in the county that surround the City of Hereford.
Employers in Leominster, and all of the UK, have a legal duty to protect the welfare, health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. If they do not and you have an accident in which you are injured, and the accident was not your fault, you may be able to use an injury claims lawyer in Leominster.
Precautions your employer should take so you don’t need an injury claims lawyer in Leominster
A lot of health and safety law is common sense, and many of the things they should do are obvious. Some will have extra responsibilities because of the type of work they are involved in. The main things they should do are:
- Do not allow trailing wires
- Make sure there are signs warning of any potential hazards
- Keep and accident book and make sure all accidents, no matter how minor, are recorded in it
- They must put procedure in place in case there is an emergency
- Carry out regular fire drills
- Have a health and safety policy and make sure all employees adhere to it
- Report any serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Provide any protective clothing that is needed free of charge
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
- Ensure you have enough space to work in comfort. This is to stop constant twisting and turning of your body that can lead to muscle problems
- Ensure all plant and equipment is in proper working order, that all safety devises are fitted and in proper working order, and that the operatives are adequately trained in the use of the machinery
- Not let staff use the equipment if any of the above is not on place
- Make sure all employees take proper breaks
- Make sure all staff takes their holiday entitlement.
- Keep walkways free and clear of spillages and obstructions
If they do not comply with the health and safety regulations then they run the risk of having to face an injury lawyer in Leominster.
Where’s the best place to go for an injury claim?
If you think your employer has been negligent and you have been injured because of it, you should make a personal injury compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with work related injuries and illnesses for over 13 years. We have helped many thousands of claimants, from all types of accidents, get the compensation to which they were entitled.Open Claim Calculator
We have a 30-second test on our website which will let you know if you qualify to make a claim and give you w rough idea of the amount you may receive.
Or you can contact our advisers on 0800 689 0500. They are professional, friendly and trained to give you free legal advice regarding your claim. After you have a chat with them, if you still want to proceed, they will start your claim for you.