Gap year abroad injury? Our injury claims lawyer in Leamington Spa can take the pain out of your claim!
Whilst gap years’ can provide a welcome change of pace and scene for young people to visit far flung places around the world, it is essential that you are prepared for all eventualities before you pack your rucksacks and fly off.
Preparation is key…
To ensure that you are as prepared as you can be for whatever you may come across whilst on your gap year, follow our guide to protect yourself and those that you may be travelling with.
- Research thoroughly the countries that you are anticipating visiting. Check with the Foreign Office before you leave to find out as much up to date information about the safety of the country and any potential risks to foreign travellers.
- Check that you do not need any vaccinations before you travel and check your immunisation status in case you require a booster
- Remember that the cultures in other countries may be very different from your own. Public displays of affection may be frowned upon and head coverings may need to be worn. Ensure that you have researched local customs to avoid disrespect and potential strife!
- Make sure that you have a rough itinerary to follow and give a copy to some one before you leave.
- Pre book any accommodation or flights before you leave to reduce costs, stress and help with budgeting
- If you intend to work whilst abroad, check that your eligibility to work with the Foreign Office before you travel
- Ensure that your insurance cover is adequate and will cover you for the duration of your travels.
- Remember to use your common sense whilst you are abroad and trust your instincts. Do not put yourself in a vulnerable position; try to travel during day light hours and book accommodation ahead so you are not left wandering the streets looking for a bed for the night!
- Remember that other countries may have strict laws about drinking alcohol. If you choose to drink alcohol, then you are at a much greater risk of having an accident involving a fall particularly from a height such as a balcony.
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are injured and ensure that you keep any receipts and receive a signed copy of a medical report.
Making an injury claim
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from your land line to ensure that you receive up to date, no obligation advice about making an injury claim following a gap year incident using our injury claims lawyer in Leamington Spa.
As long as the accident wasn’t your fault and occurred within the last 3 years’, you are legally entitled to make an injury claim with our injury lawyer in Leamington Spa.
Accident Advice Helpline have over 13 years’ experience of processing claims and provide an injury claims lawyer in Leamington Spa to give you specialist legal assistance on a 100% no win no fee* basis.
If you prefer, go on line and find out quickly if you are able to make a claim for your injury with their unique 30 second on line test!