Whether you are making injury claims in Greenock or in Galway, the main reason for paying compensation is the same. The money is designed to help you pay for things you now need to live a normal life after you were hurt in an accident.
What compensation does injury claims in Greenock – or indeed anywhere – cover?
There are a number of issues that compensation is designed to cover, and whether you are making injury claims in Greenock, London or Cardiff, the same sort of bills or costs will apply. They could include:
- Journeys associated with your injury – if you cannot drive to your medical appointments after the accident, you can claim for taxi fares or train tickets;
- Loss of earnings – if you are self-employed or not protected by staff sick pay, you can make a claim for the potential earnings you have lost while you are unable to work;
- Childcare – if you need to hire someone to look after your children because you are physically not able to, or you need childcare while you attend medical appointments;
- Specialist appointments – if you need help from experts such as physiotherapists or counsellors after your accident; and
- Specialist equipment – if you need to buy equipment to make life easier after the accident, such as walking aids or handles to help you get out of the bath.
These are just some of the examples of help that you are likely to be entitled to if you have been hurt in an accident that was not your fault. Not your fault is key here — this is one of the three main reasons that make an accident eligible for compensation. The others are:
- You were badly enough hurt to require medical attention; and
- In most cases, the accident happened within the last three years. This point is more flexible if you were a child when you were injured, or if you are suffering the effects of an industrial disease, which can often take many decades to show any symptoms.
These criteria form the 30-second test on the Accident Advice Helpline website. The test is also a compensation calculator, which can estimate how much money you may be due in compensation. It cannot guarantee how much you will be paid out or indeed how long your case will take, though.
Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm who have been handling people’s claims for compensation on a no win no fee* basis for the last 15-plus years. We have a team of expert solicitors who are experienced across the range of different types of accidents that people commonly make compensation claims for.
By choosing Accident Advice Helpline to handle your case, you can be confident that you are working with a reputable firm with your best interests at heart – demonstrated by the fact the company are represented by consumer champion Esther Rantzen as our patron.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to start your claim.
Date Published: 6th October 2013