Scottish, English, Welsh and Northern Irish claims for compensation for personal injury accidents are all very much the same.
Injury claims Fort William to Lands End
Whether you are making a case for compensation for injury claims Fort William, Lands End or indeed anywhere else in the UK, the basic criteria are:
- You were sufficiently injured that you needed medical attention.
- You were hurt in an accident that was not your fault.
- The accident happened in the last three years. (Unless you have an industrial disease or were a child at the time, in which case you have longer to claim.)
The reasons for making a compensation claim are also the same whether you are making injury claims in Fort William, in Belfast or in London. The process is designed to provide money to pay for services or equipment you now need as a result of your accident or to compensate you for loss of earnings.
These could include:
- Treatment by healthcare specialists such as physiotherapists to get you moving again after your accident.
- Childcare while you are in hospital or attending appointments related to your accident.
- Taxi fares to and from your medical treatment.
- Loss of earnings for the period you are unable to work after being injured.
How do you go about making a claim for compensation?
By working with Accident Advice Helpline (AAH), your case will be handled by top solicitors in the personal injury compensation field.
AAH is a law firm and has been providing help and advice to people for over 15 years following accidents that were not their fault. To get in contact with us, just ring our friendly advisers on 0800 689 0500.
Accident Advice Helpline:
- Will match you with the right lawyer with the relevant expertise to handle your case, wherever you are in the UK.
- Has a team of friendly telephone advice staff who answer the free phone helpline around the clock.
- Will listen to the details of your case in the strictest confidence.
AAH is a no win, no fee organisation so you have nothing to pay unless you win your case for compensation.
We are proud to be represented by Esther Rantzen as the public face of the company. The former That’s Life! host and TV consumer champion is AAH’s patron so when you choose us to handle your case, you know that we have your best interests at heart.
In many cases, your claim can be processed almost entirely over the phone, although you may need to attend one medical assessment to find out what sort of impact your injury has on your day to day life.
Similarly, in many cases you will not have to attend court. Today, many businesses and insurance companies will make an out of court offer to accident victims because this is cheaper for them, as they then don’t have to pay court costs.
Date Published: 6th October 2013