Although the law differs on occasion across England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, the rules governing how to claim compensation for personal injury accidents are uniform.
That means that whether you are making injury claims in Cumbernauld, in Cumbria or in Cardiff, the rules are very much the same.
Making injury claims in Cumbernauld
If you want to start a bid for injury claims in Cumbernauld, or indeed anywhere else in the UK, you must meet these criteria:
- The accident was not your fault
- The accident was sufficiently serious that you received medical treatment afterwards
- The accident happened within the last three years – unless you are claiming for an industrial disease, which can take years to show any symptoms, or you were legally a child at the time you were injured
These three points make up the 30-second test on Accident Advice Helpline’s website, which also acts as a compensation calculator. Although it is impossible to say exactly how much money you will receive or when it will be paid, the tool can estimate the compensation based on similar cases.
Common cases dealt with by Accident Advice Helpline’s team of specialist personal injury lawyers include:
- Car accidents – whether you were in the car, a pedestrian or a cyclist who was injured as a result of someone else’s actions
- Falls, trips and slips caused by another person’s or organisation’s carelessness or lack of maintenance
- Industrial diseases such as asbestosis or vibration white finger
- Injuries caused by medical negligence
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that has been working across the UK to win compensation for the little guy for the last 13 years. We have a strong team of expert lawyers and friendly advisory staff who are able to take your call and talk through your case in confidence. If you prefer to take your time and research making a claim online, you will find our website jam-packed with information and case studies of people we have helped to win compensation.
Why work with Accident Advice Helpline?
- We will not take a fee unless we win your case
- We are a well-established organisation that has been helping people to make successful claims for more than a decade
- We are represented by consumer champion, Esther Rantzen as our patron, so you know we will always have your best interests at heart
Making that initial call to find out whether you have a case for compensation and what steps you should now take puts you under no obligation to continue with a claim. But it is always worth making that call, to see what you could be entitled to and how to start your claim. Call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for no-obligation advice about making a claim.