Can I claim?
This is a question we are asked here at Accident Advice Helpline, usually right at the start of a conversation. In order to decide whether or not you have a potential injury claim in Winchester there are three simple questions that need answering. Take a look and see if you could possibly qualify to make an injury claim in Winchester.
- Have I been involved in an accident that wasn’t my fault?
Yes — proceed to question.
No — If not, you do not have a claim, as the fault must lie with someone else, whether that is an individual or a company.
- Was I injured and/or did I suffer any financial loss as a result of the accident?
Yes – but you must have received medical attention or treatment as a result of the accident, and you cannot self-assess your injuries! Proceed to question 3.
No – you do not have a claim for injuries sustained, but may still be able to seek compensation for other factors relating to the accident. Call us to find out more!
- Was the accident within the last three years?
Yes – you have a potential injury claim in Winchester.
No – you do not have a claim unless you are answering on behalf of a minor or your accident relates to industrial diseases, in which case the timescale may differ.
Assessing your claim
If you have established that you have a potential injury claim in Winchester, then the next step is to get an honest assessment of the likelihood that your claim will be successful. Accident Advice Helpline offer two ways in which you can do this:
- We have advice lines open 24 hours a day. Our friendly, helpful advisers will talk through your accident and give you an honest assessment of whether you have a potential claim. If we can’t answer any of your questions straight away, we’ll call you back. Call from a landline on 0800 689 0500 or from a mobile on 0333 500 0993.
- Our website at http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/ offers a free compensation calculator, also known as the 30-second test, which can help you to find out if you qualify for compensation, as well as estimating how much you may get.
Making a claim
After contacting Accident Advice Helpline, you are under no obligation to go ahead with a claim. You decide if you want to start your claim. If you do decide to make a claim, our advisers will allocate one of our legal partners to work with you on your case. All of our legal partners work on a 100% no win no fee basis.
Most claims can be processed by telephone, and although you may be required to have one medical assessment it is unlikely that you will need to attend court. Our team will stay in touch with you throughout the claim process.
If your claim is successful, the claim amount you receive will be made up of a payment for the injury and reimbursement of expenses such as travel costs, prescription charges, child care, home help and loss of earnings.