How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Wimbledon

    Accidents at work

    Your employer has a duty to protect you and tell you about health and safety issues that affect you. They also have a legal responsibility to report certain accidents and incidents, pay you statutory sick pay, or contractual sick pay if you are entitled to it, and give you time off because of an accident at work should you need it.

    Your employer has a duty to report serious work-related accidents to your local health and safety department. They must report things like:

    • Major injuries, such as broken bones;
    • Dangerous incidents, such as scaffolding collapsing;
    • Any accident that results in an employee being unable to complete their normal work duties for more than three days;
    • Disease; and
    • Death.

    The reporting must be done by your employer; however, it is a good idea to ensure it has been reported. Your employer also has a duty to carry out regular risk assessments and do what is necessary to ensure the health and safety of their employees and visitors. This includes appointing enough first aiders and making sure the correct first aid equipment and facilities are provided. Employers aren’t legally obliged to give first aiders extra pay, but some employers believe being a first aider is such an important role and sometimes offer incentives like a pay bonus.

    All injuries in the workplace, big or small, must be recorded in the company accident book. All employers are required to keep a handbook, unless they are a very small company. An accident book is mainly for the employees’ benefit, as it keeps a record of what happened in case you need to refer to it if you need time off or you decide to make a claim for compensation at a later date.

    In most cases, if you need time off work due to a work-related accident you will only be entitled to statutory sick pay, unless your employer offers an additional sick pay benefits. However, your employer may be more lenient depending on the circumstances of the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you’ve been injured in a work-related accident and it wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to claim compensation. A personal injury claim in Wimbledon for an accident at work must be made within three years of the accident taking place.

    Five things to remember when making a work-related personal injury claim:

    1. Make sure you record the incident in the accident book;
    2. If needs be, make sure your employer has reported the accident to your local health and safety department;
    3. Check your contract of employment for information about sick pay or accident pay entitlement;
    4. If there’s a dispute, try to solve this amicably with your employer; and
    5. If the accident is the result of a health and safety issue at work, make sure this is reported to your employer as soon as possible.

    Recommended by Esther Rantzen, we offer maximum compensation and a helpful 24/7 helpline (0800 689 0500 and from your mobile on 0333 500 0993) staffed by friendly advisors who will not just keep you hanging on. If we can’t answer your query about your injury claim in Wimbledon straight away, then we will call you back.

    Date Published: 11th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.