Are you a victim of medical negligence? Make an injury claim in Walton-on-the-Hill.
Do you live in Walton-on-the-Hill and need to claim compensation for a case of medical negligence? If you feel as though you have received incorrect care from a health professional and this has caused you to have suffered in some way, then you should be able to make a medical negligence injury claim Walton-on-the-Hill.
In what circumstances could I make a medical negligence injury claim in Walton-on-the-Hill?
All of us expect the care we receive from health professionals, such as doctors and nurses, to be of the highest standard. In the majority of cases, patients are well looked after and receive the treatments they need to manage their illnesses or injuries.
Unfortunately, in some cases this does not take place and patients are left suffering due to medical negligence.
To be able to make an injury claim Walton-on-the-Hill due to medical negligence you would need to show that:
- The doctor (or other professional) had duty of care over you.
- The doctor was negligent in their actions.
- That you have suffered as a result of this negligence.
You would need to prove both liability and causation in order to make an injury claim Walton-on-the-Hill:
- Liability means that the doctor acted in a way that no other medical professional would act.
- Causation means that suffering occurred that otherwise would not have taken place. This must be proved ‘on the balance of probability’ i.e. it is over 50% likely to be the doctor’s fault.
You would then be assessed to determine a level of compensation to suit your particular case. Factors such as loss of earnings (current and future), reduced quality of life and psychological damage are all taken into account.
How can I make a medical negligence injury claim in Walton-on-the-Hill?
- Call Accident Advice Helpline on our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile). Our advisors are available to speak to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us at a time convenient to you to discuss your case.
- Take our unique 30 second test to find out how much you could receive should you decide to make an injury claim Walton-on-the-Hill.
- If you wish to go ahead with your injury claim Walton-on-the-Hill, then you will be introduced to our specialist legal team. We can provide you with an experienced medical negligence lawyer. All of our cases are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means should you not be successful with your case then there will be no legal fees to pay.
Date Published: 2nd October 2013
Author: David Brown