Agricultural workers could be entitled to make an injury claim in Ullingswick.
Ullingswick is a small village in Herefordshire, England. The economy of the local area is largely agricultural. The Health and Safety Executive considers agriculture to have one of the worst fatal accident and occupational ill-health records of any major employment sector. This means if you live or work in the local vicinity then you may need to make an injury claim in Ullingswick.
Although less than 1.5% of the UK population are employed in agriculture, it is shocking to learn that this type of industry is responsible for between 15 and 20% of fatal accidents at work every year. The HSE further notes that the level of reported major injuries taking place in the agricultural sector is double that of the average for all industries combined. Occupational illnesses are also prevalent at a significant level.
Employers within the agricultural industry need to be aware of hazards and put in procedures to reduce risk to their employees’ safety. If a worker is injured, or develops an occupational illness, and their employer can be shown to be negligent, then an injury claim Ullingswick can be made. This will allow the employee to receive compensation for their damages.
The Health and Safety Executive identifies the following most prevalent causes for fatal injuries, non-fatal injuries and occupational illnesses for agricultural workers:
- Structural factors – How the businesses are run and managed, including the use of contractors and transitory workers.
- Economic/financial factors – Having enough money to pay due attention to hazard prevention.
- Technical/technological factors – The extensive use of machinery which needs to maintained and kept safe.
- Behavioural/cultural factors – Resistance to safety regulations that are legally required, and the desire to stick to traditional methods which may now been deemed unsafe.
- Environmental factors – Working long hours in all sorts of weather conditions. The unpredictability of livestock.
- Inadequate training and competency.
- Poor management – Lack of attention paid to health and safety issues.
I have been involved in an agricultural accident. How can I make an injury claim in Ullingswick?
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we understand the stresses and strains of the agricultural industry. Injuries and occupational illnesses can affect lives, and that is why we are here to help you with your injury claim in Ullingswick. We have a 24/7 helpline meaning you can call at any time of day convenient to you, to discuss your accident with our knowledgable advisers. Should you wish to go ahead with your injury claim in Ullingswick, then we can refer you to specialist injury lawyers that are experienced in working on agricultural compensation cases. You will provided with the very best legal representation, and on a no win, no fee basis. There will be no upfront fees to pay, and if you are not successful with your case you will have no legal fees to pay. Make an injury claim in Ullingswick and receive the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: 23rd September 2013
Author: David Brown