Our helpful guide to making a road traffic accident injury claim in Tewkesbury
The town of Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire is conveniently situated on the M5 motorway. This is especially helpful if you live in Tewkesbury and are looking to commute to cities located along the M5 such as Gloucester, Bristol or Birmingham. The M5 is also a useful link if you are looking to travel south to Devon for a holiday, as it provides a route to Exeter where local roads can be picked up to reach your destination.
Unfortunately, road traffic accidents are relatively common on the M5 motorway and can lead to all sorts of problems for those involved. If you have been injured in an accident on the road within the last three years and were not at fault, then you could make an injury claim in Tewkesbury. Whether you were the driver or a passenger of the vehicle in which you were travelling, if someone else is to blame for the accident then you could have a case to receive compensation.
Here is Accident Advice Helpline’s guide to what you should do if you have been involved in a road traffic accident
- Call the police to attend the scene of the accident. Even if the incident is relatively minor, the police can act as an impartial witness and help determine who is at fault.
- Take photographs using a camera or phone to collect evidence of what has happened and the damage caused. This could be important if you need to make a claim.
- If there have been any independent witnesses who saw what occurred when the accident took place, make sure to collect their names and contact details.
- You will need to exchange details with the drivers involved in the accident, but other than that you must avoid any further conversation. Do not under any circumstances admit any fault for the accident or apologise. This could impact your claim.
- Seek medical attention and make sure that all of your injuries are recorded by the doctor or nurse. You may need to refer to your medical records when claiming.
- Keep note of any travel expenses you have had to pay out as a result of being injured, for example taxi receipts or car mileage to and from the hospital.
- Take a note of all correspondence you have had to deal with associated with the accident. Make sure to note down names and telephone numbers of people you have spoken to and keep them available.
Make an injury claim in Tewkesbury after your road traffic accident
Contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile) to speak to one of our friendly advisors. They are available to speak to you 24/7, and can refer you to our specialist legal team should you decide to make an injury claim in Tewkesbury for personal injury compensation.