Tourists may need to make an injury claim in Tenby
Tenby is a popular seaside town in south west Wales. Originally developing around the fishing industry, Tenby soon became a popular spa destination for Victorian tourists wishing to take healthy seaside walks and bathe at the sandy beaches. Tenby continues to attract visitors to this day and the local economy is very much based around the tourism industry. Many tourists are drawn to visit due to the thriving arts and crafts community which can be found in modern Tenby.
Unfortunately, each year many UK tourists have their vacation stays spoiled by being involved in accidents through no fault of their own. If you have been injured whilst on holiday in the UK, an injury claim in Tenby can be processed in the same way as any other compensation claim. This is as long as the incident occurred within the last three years. If you have been injured whilst on holiday abroad then the claim process can be more complicated, but if you have booked through UK tour operator and they can be proved to be negligent, then receiving compensation is still possible.
Typical reasons to make an injury claim in Tenby whilst on holiday
- Slips, trips or falls in a public place. You may receive a back or limb injury if you were to trip on uneven carpet in your hotel, or slip over on a wet floor in a hotel lobby if it has been cleaned but no warning signs have been erected to warn you of such danger.
- You may receive a back injury if you have been provided with an inadequate bed to sleep in whilst on holiday. If your bed collapses whilst you are in it, this could cause enough damage to ruin your vacation and leave you with ongoing back problems.
- Food poisoning can turn a nice meal out into a holiday nightmare. If you suspect that your food poisoning has been caused by poor hygiene within a kitchen of a restaurant of café that you have visited, then you could make an injury claim in Tenby.
- You might be involved in an accident whilst onboard a cruise or sightseeing boat trip. If you consider the safety precautions and equipment such as lifejackets and flotation devices to be inadequate, the owner of the vessel could be liable to pay compensation for this.
Many other injuries could occur as the result of an accident whilst on holiday. If you have had your vacation ruined by such an event then you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, who could help you to make an injury claim in Tenby.
The four steps to making an injury claim in Tenby
- Call 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile) to reach our 24/7 helpline;
- Speak to our friendly advisors for obligation-free support and information;
- Take our unique 30-second test to see how much compensation you could be eligible to receive; and
- If you decide to make an injury claim, then your case will be handled by our specialist legal team on a no win no fee* basis.
Date Published: 10th September 2013