How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Making an injury claim in Stromness

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Stromness

    Defective goods can mean an injury claim in Stromness

    Stromness is the second most populated town in Orkney, Scotland. It is in the south west of Mainland Orkney. It is also a parish, with the town of Stromness as its capital. The residents are consumers just like the rest of us, and if they buy something that turns out to be faulty, and that causes them harm, they may want to make an injury claim in Stromness.

    Those who are responsible for the defective products that cause an injury claim in Stromness

    The main responsibility for making sure that any products sold to consumers are safe lies with:

    • The manufacturers
    • Producers
    • Importers

    If they supply any products that are unsafe, the consequences can be dire and they may have to face an injury claim in Stromness.

    Usually, wholesalers and retailers have little responsibility for harm to the consumer, or the consumers property, unless they knowingly sold an unsafe product.

    What the responsible parties should do

    By law, products sold to consumers must be safe. Those that make or import the goods should:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Warn customers about potential risks
    • Ensure the information provided can be understood by the consumers
    • Continually monitor the safety of their products
    • Take immediate action if a safety problem is found
    • Notify the Trading Standards Office if they become aware that a product they have placed on the market poses a risk to consumers

    If the manufacturer of a product does not follow the rules, you may be able to make an injury claim in Stromness.

    What those responsible might have to pay for

    If unsafe products, which you don’t have to have purchased yourself, harm you, you are entitled to sue for damages and make an injury claim in Stromness. This claim could include:

    • Pain and suffering
    • Anxiety and stress
    • Loss of earnings, past and future
    • Care costs
    • Extra medical costs
    • Any cost or loss that is because of the accident

    Apart from being sued by the consumer, they can face heavy fines and even imprisonment, if Trading Standards prosecute them.

    The powers of Trading Standards

    Trading Standards is where you should report your faulty goods. Officers can   seize goods to check they are safe. They can enter premises unannounced to ensure regulations are being followed. If they think any products are unsafe they can:

    • Immediately stop the sale of the goods
    • Demand a recall of the unsafe goods
    • Ask the courts for permission to have the goods destroyed
    • Prosecute the supplier

    Accident Advice Helpline will handle your injury claim in Stromness for you

    If unsafe goods have harmed you, and those goods were in their original condition, the negligence of the manufacturer, producer or importer means you can make an injury claim in Stromness. Accident Advice Helpline is the law firm to do this for you.

    You can contact us through our website or by calling 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and speaking to one of our friendly advisers.

    Date Published: 27th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.