Just a few of the 22,795,960 broken bone incidences could result in an injury claim in Street
Street is a town in the county of Somerset. The 2001 Census records the village as having a population of 11,066. With 206 bones in the human body, and 11066 residents in Street, that amounts to 22,795,960 bones in the town that could be broken. Hopefully, none of them will be, but if anyone has an accident that was not their fault, and broken bones are the result, they may be able to make an injury claim in Street.
A break or fracture for an injury claim in Street
The medical profession refers to all breaks, cracks and crushes of the bones as fractures, no matter how minor or severe they may be. It is a common misconception that a fracture is not as bad as a break.
Accidents that may lead to a broken bone injury claim in Street
Breaking, cracking or crushing a bone can happen in numerous different ways, but if it is in an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make an injury claim in Street. Some of the accidental ways are:
- A pedestrian being knocked over
- Motorbike accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Car crashes
- Slips, trips and falls
- Work related accidents
- Playing contact sports such as boxing or rugby
The different types of breaks for an injury claim in Street
There are many different types of breaks in the bones but some of the more common ones are:
- Simple fracture – where the bone does not break through the skin
- Spiral fracture – a bit like the staircase, the break winds round the bone
- Bowing fracture – this is where the bone bends rather than breaks and tends to happen in children
- Comminuted fracture – this is where the bone is shattered or crushed
- Complete fracture – a clean break into two pieces
- Compound fracture – where the bone breaks the skin
- Oblique – the break slants across the bone
Broken bone treatments
This depends on the severity of the break and the age of the victim. Bones in children heal a lot quicker than the bones in adults, but they are a lot more likely to break in the first place.
The main treatments are:
- Support bandages
- Plaster cast
- Ice packs to reduce swelling
- Pain killers
- Surgery to insert pins, screws or plates.
The compilation of an injury claim in Street
There are many aspects of an accident and injury that can affect your injury claim in Street, just some of them being:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Loss of earnings
- Extra medical costs
- Travel costs
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident
Help is at hand for your personal injury compensation claim
Accident Advice Helpline have been established for over 13 years. We have been helping the blameless victims of accidents to get access to justice for their accidents, and have been successful in making sure that many thousands of claimants have received the compensation to which they were entitled.
Our freephone helpline is open 24/7. Our advisors are there to give you free advice and you can contact them on 0800 180 4123. The website has a 30-second test designed to give you a rough idea of how much compensation you may be award for your injury claim in Street.