Injury claim in Strathyre
Strathyre is a district and settlement in the Stirling local government district of Scotland. The Strathyre Forest, which extends well beyond the limits of Strathyre proper, is managed by the Forestry Commission, forming the easternmost part of the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park.
The residents that live in Strathyre have to work to earn their living just like any one else in the UK. They are just as likely to have an accident in the workplace and need to make an injury claim in Strathyre.
An injury claim in Strathyre explained
All employers have a responsibility to their employees to protect their health, safety and welfare while in the workplace. To do this they should:
- Have emergency procedures in place and make sure all staff know what they are
- Have regular fire drills
- Make sure you have enough space to work comfortably without too much twisting and turning
- Ensure all plant and equipment is in proper working order and maintained on a regular basis
- Ensure all safety guards and devices are in place
- Make sure you are properly trained to use the plant and equipment
- Make sure you take proper breaks
- Keep walkways and floors clean and free from obstruction
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing or equipment needed
- Keep a record of all accidents, no matter how minor, in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
If the employer neglects their responsibilities, you should tell them of your concerns. If he doesn’t act and you have an accident, you may be eligible for an injury claim in Strathyre.
Risk assessments are not as awful as they sound, they don’t need to be expensive reams of paper that no one understands. The employer needs to walk around the workplace looking for anything that might cause an accident. Discussing the matter with the employees is a good idea because they may have spotted something the employer has missed. When all the risky areas have been identified, action has to be taken to reduce those risks and the possibility of an accident. If this is not done and you have an accident at work, you will be able to make an injury claim in Strathyre.
The business should be insured
Most employers legally have to have employers’ liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5,000,000. The insurance company will supply a certificate of insurance each year on renewal, which your employer has to keep for 40 years. This should really be on display for the entire workforce to see, but if its not and you ask to see it, the employer has to show it to you.
How to make your injury claim in Strathyre
Contacting Accident Advice Helpline is the easiest way to make an injury claim in Strathyre. We are experts in personal injury compensation claims of all types and have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled.
There is a 30-second test on our website which will give you a rough idea of what you can expect to receive, or you can call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our advisors. They are friendly, professional and their advice is free of charge.