Injury claim in Strathclyde
Strathclyde was one of nine former local government regions of Scotland created by the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 and abolished in 1996 by the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994. The Strathclyde region had 19 districts.
Riding a bicycle is becoming increasingly popular and is now one of the most regular pastimes in the UK. Residing somewhere like Strathclyde gives you the perfect roads for riding your bicycle, but if you have an accident while out riding, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Strathclyde.
Cycle accidents that may cause your injury claim in Strathclyde
There are many ways that an accident might occur some of them being:
- Colliding with a vehicle such as a car, lorry, or bus
- A driver opening their car door as you are riding past and you crashing into the door
- A pothole in the road or a bad road surface
- Oil or mud on the road
Any of these would cause you to fall off your bicycle, injure yourself and be able to make an injury claim in Strathclyde.
The types of injuries that can occur when you fall off your bicycle
The injuries you may sustain vary greatly; the cyclist does not have much protection so they are often serious. Some of them are:
- Cuts and bruises
- Anxiety and stress
- Broken bones
- Road rash (this is when you slide along the road and remove skin and flesh from your body)
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal injuries
Any of these injuries caused in a bicycle accident that was not your fault would enable you to make an injury claim in Strathclyde
Reduce the risk of a bicycle accident
The cyclist is very vulnerable on the UK roads, so anything you can do to help reduce the risk is good, such as:
- Wear a well fitting good quality safety helmet
- Wear something bright or reflective so you are easily visible
- When passing parked cars, leave enough room for a door to be opened and not hit you
- Do not ride next to another rider and make it difficult for motor vehicles to overtake you
The things you can claim for
Injuries from any type of accident can be severe and life changing. The effects of your accident on your future life need to be accounted for when making your injury claim in Strathclyde. Things like:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Loss of earnings, past and future
- Replacement of damaged goods
- Extra medical expenses
- Travel costs
- Home adaption or home moving costs
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident
Where to make your personal injury compensation claim
Accident Advice Helpline is the place to go. We have had over 13 years’ experience in dealing with personal injury compensation claims and are one of the leaders in the industry.
Our solicitors are experts in this field having a wealth of knowledge, and they will ensure that every area of your claim is looked at to maximise the amount of compensation you receive.
Call our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will assist you all they can and start the process if you wish to proceed.