What if I have carpal tunnel syndrome and need to make an injury claim in Ston Easton?
Ston Easton is a village in the county of Somerset. The name Ston Easton comes from Easton or Estone meaning town to the east of Chewton Mendip, and Ston or Stone from the geological strata in the area.
What to do if you live in Ston Easton and suffer an injury to your wrist
The wrist contains 8 small bones called the carpal bones. Across the front of the wrist there is a ligament, and it is the space between these bones and ligament that form the carpal tunnel. The tendons that attach the forearm to the hand pass through this tunnel, as does the main nerve to the hand before it divides into small branches at the palm.
What can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and lead to an injury claim in Ston Easton being made?
There are many causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, just some of these are:
- Repeated forceful bending of the wrist
- Repeated forceful pinch grips
- Regular heavy lifting
- Repeated direct pressure on the base of the palm
- Repeated use of vibrating tools
These are just some of the actions that when performed repeatedly can damage the nerve in the tunnel, hence Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This can happen at any age but most cases occur between 40 and 50. Women are more likely to suffer from this than men, particularly if they are pregnant. A lot of these problems happen in the workplace and if you have sustained this injury through your employment, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Ston Easton.
Possible symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
There are several symptoms that may occur depending on the severity of the injury, they include:Open Claim Calculator
- As the condition worsens you may experience numbness in the fingers and palm of the hand
- Some people suffer dryness of the skin in the affected area
- At its worst, muscles in the fingers and thumb become weak causing poor grip. If left untreated, this can eventually lead to muscle wasting at the base of the thumb
- Pins and needles are one of the first signs. The index and middle fingers are usually the first two to be affected
- Burning and tingling sensations
- Pain in the same two fingers which may travel up the forearm
If you are suffering these symptoms and you think it may have been caused by your job, you may be able to make an injury claim in Ston Easton.
The treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
If you think you have this condition the first thing you should do is stop the action that may be causing it. In most people under 30, the symptoms will disappear on their own but the action that has caused it originally will make it return quicker if you continue to carry it out. If this action is part of your work, you may be able to make an injury claim in Ston Easton against your employer. In the situation of pregnant women the condition tends to disappear when the baby is born.
Making your injury claim in Ston Easton
We are the experts in dealing with compensation claims and you should contact us on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, where one of our friendly advisors is waiting to assist you.