How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon

    What insurance do I claim against for an Injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon?

    Stoke Sub Hamdon is a big village in South Somerset.  The population there is 2,234. The parish is located near the River Parrett, and includes the village of East Stoke.

    If you want to make an injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon, nearly all cases will involve an insurance company, as most situations, people, or organisations have insurance cover of some sort.  The main ones are:

    • Employers liability insurance
    • Product liability insurance
    • Motor insurance
    • Public liability insurance

    If you have had a traffic accident and the other party was uninsured, your injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon would be with the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB), which is there to make sure a non fault victim of an accident does not lose out because of the lack of insurance.

    If you need to claim against your Employers liability insurance

    Employers have a legal responsibility to protect their employees.  Most do, but if they do not and you have an accident you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon.  Employers have a legal duty to have employers’ liability insurance, with a minimum cover of £5,000,000 although most insurance companies have an entry level of £10,000,000.

    If the claim relates to Product liability insurance

    Retailers and wholesalers are only usually held accountable if they knowingly sell a faulty product.  The liability in most cases lies with the manufacturers, producers and importers to ensure that the products are safe and that consumers are aware of any risks there may be.  If you are harmed because of a defective product you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon.

    Open Claim Calculator

    A motor insurance injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon

    It is illegal to drive on British roads without motor insurance. If you were involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault, you would make your injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon to the motor insurers.  All companies that offer motor insurance have to be a member of MIB and each year pay them a levy to cover the costs of compensation claims because of uninsured drivers.

    Public liability insurance

    This insurance would be used if you had a slip, trip or fall and needed to make an injury claim in Stoke Sub Hamdon.  Shops, offices, cinemas, and any other business that the public visit would need this insurance, as do local authorities, government departments and health trusts to name a few.  There is usually no limit on the amount of cover given by these policies.

    If you have any type of accident that was not your fault, Accident Advice Helpline is here to assist you in making your personal injury compensation claims.  Insurance companies are notorious for having complicated forms, asking awkward questions and generally making life difficult for the claimant.

    Our solicitors are used to this, they deal with insurance companies day in, day out and have the knowledge and expertise needed to keep the claims process simple and efficient, making life easier for you.

    We have a 30-second test on our website which will give you some guidance to the amount of compensation you may receive, or you can call our helpline on 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors.

    Date Published: 30th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.