Making a criminal injury claim in Stocksbridge
Stocksbridge is a small town and a civil parish in the city of Sheffield, in South Yorkshire, with a population of 13,663. It lies just to the east of the Peak District. Thankfully for the residents, it is not a high crime area, so hopefully they will never need to make a criminal injury claim in Stocksbridge.
What is the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme and how does it affect my injury claim in Stocksbridge?
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is government funded to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. The government knows that no amount of money can compensate you for your experience, but it is recognition of public sympathy.
The amount you receive from a criminal injury claim in Stocksbridge is laid down by parliament. The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) administers the scheme.
What sorts of things does the scheme pay for?
The scheme covers:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
- Special expenses payments – to cover specific injury-related requirements which are not free of charge from any source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
You can only make a criminal injury claim in Stocksbridge as a last resort; the scheme expects you to try to claim compensation from the person who was the criminal that caused your injury. However, if you do not know who that is, or the assailant does not have the means to pay you, then you can make a criminal injury claim in Stocksbridge.Open Claim Calculator
Who is eligible to make a criminal injury claim in Stocksbridge?
You may be eligible if you:
- Were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- Were not to blame for the incident
- Sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- Sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- Are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
Other criteria are:
- The incident should have happened with the last two years, except in exceptional circumstances
- You should have informed the police
- You should have helped with their enquiries to give them every chance of apprehending the villain
- You must be a British citizen or a national of an EU country that has a right to be in the UK
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help with your claim
Being the victim of a violent crime is a very traumatic experience without having to go through the stress of making an injury claim in Stocksbridge. Accident Advice Helpline is here to help you through the processes, here to take the stress away and make your claim as trouble free as possible.
We have in house solicitors with a wealth of knowledge and experience, so when making your compensation claim you have the best on your side.
The sooner we know about your compensation claim, the sooner we can start the processes. Speak to one of our advisors on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, where you will find them friendly, professional and compassionate and your conversation will be confidential.