Are you eligible to make an injury claim in Stilton?
Stilton is a village in Cambridgeshire, and within the historic county boundary of Huntingdonshire. Stilton is also known for its Stilton Cheese. There are two varieties, Blue, known for its characteristic strong smell and taste, and the lesser known, White. The factory that these are made in have certain responsibilities to their staff and if they do not comply with the health and safety regulations, like all employers nationwide, they may face an injury claim in Stilton.
The legal requirements of your employer to avoid an injury claim in Stilton
Employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their staff while in the workplace. It is important that they safeguard their staff and as part of this they should:
- Make sure there are proper sanitary facilities for the employees
- Put emergency procedures in place and let all the staff know what they are
- Carry out regular fire drills
- Ensuring you have enough space to work comfortably
- Making sure any spillages are cleared up as soon as is reasonably possible
- Clearing any obstructions as soon as is reasonably possible
- Providing necessary protective clothing, free of charge
- Making sure all equipment and machinery is in proper working order and has all the required safety attachments
- Ensure that the staff using plant and equipment have been properly trained to do so
- Carrying out risks assessments and acting on any recommendations the assessment advises
- Recording accidents, no matter how minor, in an accident book
- Reporting serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
If you think your employer is not complying with the rules and therefore putting employees at risk, you should report them to HSE.
If your employer is compliant, accidents will still happen
Accidents will still happen, and employees will still be injured even if your employer is totally compliant. If it happens to you, and you want to make an injury claim in Stilton, it will be the employers liability insurance company that will have to be dealt with. Dealing with a large insurance company can be intimidating; they will have a legal team whose job it is to make sure they pay out as little as possible. You need someone good on your side like our team at Accident Advice Helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline has the knowledge and expertise you need to fight your case successfully. Our solicitors have been dealing with such cases for many years; they have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation they were entitled to.Open Claim Calculator
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to one of our friendly advisors about your work related accident. If you still wish to proceed they will start your claim for you.