What if I have a motorbike accident and need to make an injury claim in Staines?
Staines is 17 miles away from Charing Cross in London and passing through the town and crossing Staines Bridge is the Thames Path national Trail, perfect for a possible motorbike accident.
Accidents resulting in an injury claim in Staines
Unfortunately, more motorbikes mean more motorbike accidents. Although Motorbikes account for only 1% of the traffic on UK roads, they are involved in 20% of the accidents. and they are not all the fault of the rider.
This creates the need for a lot of them to make an injury claim in Staines.
Some potential reasons for motorbike accidents
There are endless reasons why an accident can happen, some of them for motorbike accidents are:
- Collisions with other vehicles – cars, buses lorries etc.
- Opening of car doors
- Defect on the bike
- Potholes or bad road surfaces
- Spillages on the road
The types of injuries that may lead to you making an injury claim in Staines
When you are riding your motorbike, you do not have the protection of the car or other vehicle in which you sit. Although riders wear crash helmets, and most of them wear leathers for protection, there are injuries you can get from a motorbike accident that you would not get in a car accident; you are more vulnerable on a bike.
The injuries can be:
- Road rash – caused by sliding along the road and damaging the skin and sometimes bones
- Bikers arm – a crushed arm because of the motorbike falling sideways
- Spinal injuries – depends on the location and extent of the trauma as to how serious this will be
- Brain injuries – the most common of motorbike injuries, ranging from mild to severe
- Broken bones – we have over 200 bones in our body, so there’s plenty of choice which ones to break
Who are the organisations I might need to speak with about an injury claim in Staines?
This could be any one of several organisations such as:
- Insurance companies
- Local authorities
- Manufacturers (if there was a defect on your bike)
- The Motor Insurance Bureau (if the other rider/driver was uninsured)
It’s not just the accident itself that you can claim for…
There are a number of items for which you claim as part of your injury claim Staines, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Replacement equipment and accessories
- Loss of earnings
- Extra medical expenses
- Cost of care if you need help in looking after yourself
- Cost of adapting your home if your injuries are so severe this needs to be done
Who are the best people to help you?
You should contact Accident Advice Helpline on their freephone number: 0800 689 0500.
They have the expertise to deal with all types of accidents, not just ones involving motorbikes.
Their solicitors will include every facet of your claim and ensure you get the highest amount of compensation you are entitled to.
Accident Advice Helpline have a 30-second test on our website, completion of this will give you some guidance as to the amount you can expect to receive.