Making an injury claim in St Ouen


Food poisoning and my injury claim in St Ouen

Eating contaminated food causes food poisoning; usually it is contaminated by bacteria, but can also be contaminated by a virus such as the norovirus.

How you will know you have food poisoning and need to make an injury claim

You will know you have food poisoning because you will be:

  • Feeling sick
  • Vomiting
  • Have diarrhea
  • Have stomach cramps

These symptoms will start no later than 3 days after eating the bad food and should clear up by themselves within 3 or 4 days, if they do not you should seek medical treatment.  The other problem with food poisoning is dehydration and you should make sure you rest and drink plenty of water to avoid this.

How you will know you are dehydrated

Dehydration can happen in more serious cases of food poisoning and there are some groups of people it is more likely to happen to such as:

  • The very young
  • The elderly
  • People with low immune systems such as sufferers of HIV or cancer

The signs of dehydration are sunken eyes and passing small amounts of dark coloured and smelly urine and if this is happening, you may need to make an injury claim.

The foods that are more likely to cause food poisoning

Any food can become contaminated but it is more likely to happen with:

  • Poultry
  • Pork
  • Sausages
  • Kebabs
  • Burgers
  • Shellfish
  • Cooked sliced meats
  • Raw eggs
  • Pate
  • Soft cheeses
  • Pre packed sandwiches
  • Unpasteurised milk

What to do if the condition is contracted after eating out

If this happens you should report it to the Food Standards Agency who deals with these matters, they will arrange an inspection, unannounced and ensure that the outlet is complying with the rules and regulations, if they are not, will make them do so.

Then you should contact Accident Advice helpline on their free helpline number, 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and discuss your case with one of our friendly advisors. We have helped many people over the last 13 years obtain the compensation they were entitled to.

Accident Advice Helpline are recommended by TV personality and UK consumer champion Esther Rantzen, who has been our patron for the last 10 years. She trusts us to deliver what we promise, a service provided with integrity, reliability, dependability and accountability, a service that has earned us an unrivalled reputation for complete customer satisfaction.

We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis and it means exactly that, no money is required to make a claim and we will only receive any money when your claim has been won.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )