What if I need to make an injury claim in St Day for an injury to my eye?
St Day is a civil parish and village in Cornwall. It is located in a former mining area and St Day accrued considerable wealth from mining. Its residents unfortunately, are just as likely as anyone else in the UK to sustain and eye injury and need to make an injury claim St Day.
Explain an eye injury and injury claim in St Day
Eye injury claims can vary greatly from an irritation to loss of sight, and there can be many causes of the injury. Some causes of an eye injury claim St Day:
- Cuts to eyelids and eyeballs
- Exposure to gasses or chemicals
- Ultraviolet light, exposure to the sun or sun lamps can cause flash burn to the cornea
- Not wearing contact lenses correctly can scratch the eye
- A blow to the eye, perhaps with a fist or ball. This can create inflammation, and if the bones that surround the eye are broken, can push the eye further back in its socket. A blow can cause bleeding to the eye and very occasionally cause the retina to become detached, which if not treated will lead to permanent loss of sight
- Foreign bodies in the eye, the severity will depend on what substance is in the eye and whether it has cut the eye or not
If any of these happen to you, through no fault of your own, you may be able to make an injury claim St Day.
What symptoms might I experience?
The symptoms of eye injury claims
- Eye muscles going into spasms causing squints
- The feeling you have something in your eye
- Redness of the eye
- Difficulty keeping the affected eyes open
- Eye Pain
- Sensitive to light
- Wet eyes caused by an increase in the tears produced
- Blurred or distorted vision
The treatment of an eye injury claim in St Day
If you have pain when the eye is exposed to light, altered vision or a foreign body in your eye, you should see your doctor or local A & E as soon as possible. Minor eye injuries will usually clear up by themselves without medical intervention, but if you have persistent pain you should seek medical attention. Obviously, different problems require different treatment, and you should not try and treat the eye yourself, you could do more harm than good.
Compensation for an eye accident leading to an injury claim in St Day
Accident Advice Helpline has been assisting people with their personal injury compensation claims since 2000, and we have dealt with many thousands of cases including eye injury claims. Our solicitors have a great deal of experience in obtaining a fair compensation deal for clients, and will make the process so much easier for you.
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help. In just a few minutes one of our advisers will talk through your accident with you, discuss your options and give you an idea about how much compensation you can expect. You can contact the advisers on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, or you can complete our online 30-second test for similar guidance.