What types of accidents can I make an injury claim in St Asaph for?
There are many types of accidents. Below we have listed just a few that may lead to you needing to make an injury claim in St Asaph.
- A slip, trip or fall in a public place maybe because the responsible party has not maintained the pavements and they have become uneven
- Industrial Illness or disease, the problem with these is that it can be many years before the illness becomes apparent
- Medical negligence
- Defective equipment such as the steering on your car or the brakes
- Injuries caused by a crime
- Work related accident, whether the fault of your employer or another work colleague
- A car collision
- A bicycle accident, most of these are solo events cause by potholes or bad road surfaces
- A motorbike accident
What criteria do I need to fulfill to make an injury claim in St Asaph?
The main points that need to be met in order to make an injury claim in St Asaph are:
- You should have had to seek medical treatment for your injuries
- The accident or assault must have been reported to the police
- The accident must have happened within the last 3 years, unless it’s a criminal injury then it must have happened with the last 2 years
- You should not be at fault but another person should be the cause of the injury
Is there anything else I can include in my injury claim in St Asaph?
If you have been the victim of an injury claim in St Asaph there are things other than your injuries that can be part of your compensation claim:
- Private medical treatment
- Extra travel costs
- Replacement of equipment and accessories
- Loss of earnings
- Care costs
There are innumerable factors that can have a hand in the final amount of compensation you are awarded. The good news is that Accident Advice Helpline is familiar with all of them. This allows us to make sure the whole process is as fast and easy as possible for you.
Our in-house solicitors have a vast array of experience with every type of injury claim. They are used to dealing with insurance companies and organisations on behalf of our customers. This means they are ideally placed to ensure the best possible outcome for you.
All of our clients are represented on a no win, no fee basis.
This means that you needn’t pay us a penny until we have won your case for you, and even then in a lot of cases the other party has to cover your costs.
Our advisers will give you a friendly and efficient service, if you care to phone our freephone number: 0800 689 0500, you will find them there 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so there is always some one on hand to help and advise you. We have an unrivaled reputation for providing complete customer satisfaction.
If you would prefer to look at our website then you will find the 30-second test, which will give you a rough idea of the amount you may be entitled to. There is also an online claim form for you to complete if you wish to proceed.
Date Published: 22nd September 2013
Author: David Brown