How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim specialists in Exeter

    Can you sue your local council for negligence and how to find injury claim specialists in Exeter

    It can be tricky to go up against your local council if you feel that they have been negligent and that you want compensation, and apology or something else. the council may seem as though they have more tools at their disposal to help them to beat you in any court case, and it can also be difficult to get hold of the council in the first place for a response to your claim. If you want to go up against the council for an injury that you have received, or for emotional trauma that you feel you have suffered as a result of their actions, here are some ways in which you can do this.

    • Is this a long term problem? If you have injured yourself on a broken paving slab, or tripped over a broken wall which is the council’s problem, then you should be able to claim if this is a problem that has been going on for a long time and the council has made no effort to change or repair.
    • Have you complained in the past? If you have been injured by something which you have complained to the council about in the past, or that someone you know has complained about in the past, you should have a great case for compensation, as you can prove that the council had already been made aware of the problem.
    • Was there anything the council could have done? If you have been injured on an icy road, for example, you won’t be able to make a claim unless you can prove that the council should have been gritting the road in the morning to stop this happening. In particular, a situation like this will rely on the council to have made no effort to make the problem better.
    • Do you have a lawyer? You are unlikely to be able to take on the council unless you have a lawyer who can help you to make your claim.

    Injury claim specialists in Exeter

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from amobile) to speak to injury claim specialists in Exeter who can help you to make a claim for compensation against your local council.

    These injury claim specialists in Exeter will be able to talk you through the claims process so that you can decide whether or not you want to make a claim against the council, and they can also put your mind at ease about the claims process.

    You need to tell your injury claim specialists in Exeter every detail about what has happened to you so that they can ensure that they are doing the right thing in putting together a case for you, and so that their case will be as watertight as possible.

    Date Published: 21st December 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.