How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Spalding

    Do you have an accident injury claim in Spalding?

    If you live in Spalding and have had an accident that was not your fault resulting in injuries that needed medical attention, you may be able to make an injury claim in Spalding.

    What type of accident would create an injury claim in Spalding?

    Almost any type of accident you can imagine could result in an injury claim in Spalding, including such things as:

    • Work-related accidents;
    • Criminal injuries;
    • Industrial illness and diseases caused by your employment;
    • Holiday accidents;
    • Car collision, whether with another vehicle or a lamp post;
    • Cycle or motorbike accident, whether with another vehicle or caused by a road defect or equipment defect;
    • Medical negligence;
    • Food poisoning; and
    • Slipping, tripping or falling in a public place.

    These, or any other types of accidents in which you were a blameless victim, could mean that you need to make an injury claim in Spalding.

    What sorts of injuries might result from the accident?

    The list of injuries is endless, but could include:

    • Broken bones;
    • Head or brain injuries;
    • Whiplash;
    • Loss of limbs;
    • Facial injuries;
    • Eye injuries;
    • Back or spinal injuries;
    • Road rash; and
    • Biker’s arm.

    If you have sustained any injury as the result of an accident, you may be able to make an injury claim in Spalding.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Who will the claim be made against?

    That depends on the type of accident you are involved in, but there are a few more common bodies the claim would be against:

    • Road traffic accidents of any type would be an insurance company, unless the other driver is uninsured or untraceable, in which case your claim would be referred to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). The job of the MIB is to ensure that claimants do not lose out because of the lack of insurance. All companies that offer motor insurance have to be a member of MIB, and have to pay them a levy each year.
    • Accidents at work, industrial illnesses or diseases would be the insurance company that provides your employer with employer’s liability insurance. Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement in the UK with just a few exceptions, such as government bodies, and then you would claim from the employer directly.
    • Medical negligence would depend on if you were claiming from a GP or hospital trust.  The GP would have insurance to cover them, while the hospital trust might not.
    • Criminal injuries are dealt with by the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA), who are a government-run body dealing with claims resulting from violent crimes.
    • Slipping, tripping or falling in a public place is normally the responsibility of a local authority, who should maintain pavements and walkways so that people do not trip up a raised paving slab.

    Where can I get help?

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have many years of experience in dealing with all types of personal injury claims against all sorts of organisations. Our four key principles are integrity, reliability, dependability and accountability, which have served us well in building our reputation for customer satisfaction.

    You can complete our 30-second test online to find out if you are eligible, or you can phone our freephone number 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly advisors.

    Date Published: 18th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.