Do you need to make a claim for cycling accidents in Southampton?
Cycling is one of the easiest ways to include exercise in your daily routine, its good for fitness, weight loss and fun. If you are able to use it as a form of transport as well, it will also save you money and be good for the environment. For these reasons it is the third most popular activity in the UK, and appeals to all ages from toddlers to pensioners.
If you do not want to make an injury claim in Southampton, there are precautions you need to take
Anyone using the roads in the UK, if they want to avoid injuries and the need to make an injury claim in Southampton, needs to take precautions to reduce the risks.
You should always ensure that you are wearing the correct apparel; a well fitting, good quality helmet is essential. Never buy a used helmet, as damage doesn’t always show. Make sure it is a snug fit and wear it in the proper position, not tilted onto the back of your head.
Ensure that your cycle is legal, including lights if riding at night, as well as wearing something reflective to make you more apparent to other road users
Other safety tips to avoid having to make an injury claim in Southampton
Most safety on the roads is common sense, and knowing the highway code is a big advantage. You should also to to avoid cycling accidents in Southampton by taking the following precautions:
- Make sure you look behind before starting to ride, overtaking, or stopping
- Use arm signals if you are changing direction, or turning left or right
- Always obey the traffic lights and road signals; they are there for a reason
- When riding with someone else, don’t ride next to each other on busy or narrow roads
- If you come across parked cars, watch out for doors opening and try to leave enough room so that if this does happen you are not knocked off your cycle
- Don’t wear headphones for music or your mobile while riding. This impairs your concentration and means you cannot hear approaching traffic that you may not be able to see
Everything done right, and you still have an accident
If you take all safety precautions, ride as safely as you can, and wear all the proper gear, it still might not stop your involvement in an accident, and then you may want to make a claim for cycling accidents in Southampton.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
To find out more now, call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.