Recovering from a head injury – injury claim in South Molton
If you have been in an accident or sustained a serious head injury, then the recovery time is likely to be considerable, and require you to do a lot to get back to normal. A head injury is probably the worst injury you can get, as your head is the protective casing for your brain, which controls all of your movements and thinking.
If your brain is hurt after a head injury, it could cause death, brain damage or other long lasting problems, so you need to start taking care of yourself as soon as possible. It is likely that you will have to spend some considerable time in hospital after your head injury, but will need to continue taking care of yourself even once you are at home.
When recovering from a head injury, try to:
- Be with others for the first 48 hours. This is to ensure that if you feel drowsy or unwell, or lose consciousness, there is someone there to ensure that you get back to the hospital as soon as possible.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, painkillers and sedatives. All of these affect your brain and if you are recovering from a head injury this can be dangerous for you.
- Avoid contact sports or anything else that could cause you to collide with other people. Anything that puts you at risk of injuring your head again, or even being knocked slightly, could put you at risk of causing further damage to yourself.
- Do not operate any machinery or drive. Anything that could prove dangerous if you lose control or lost consciousness can be dangerous whilst you are recovering from a head injury. Make sure that your doctor signs you off to be able to drive before you consider getting back into your car.
- Stay away from work, school, or college. It is better for you to rest as much as you can and take care of yourself until you feel completely well again.
Make An Injury Claim in South Molton
If the accident which led towards your head injury was caused by the negligence of someone else then you are within your rights to expect compensation to make up for the stress and damage that has been caused to you.
You can make an injury claim in South Molton through Accident Advice Helpline, who will work with you to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
You can call Accident Advice Helpline on: 0800 689 0500 (or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to speak to the team of friendly, helpful advisers, who will talk you through the injury claim in South Molton process.
If you decide to proceed (although you are under no obligation to do so) then you will be passed onto the dedicated personal injury lawyers, who work 100% no win no fee to make sure your injury claim in South Molton garners you as much compensation as possible.
Date Published: 22nd September 2013
Author: David Brown