How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim solicitor in Gigha Island

    Injury claim solicitor in Gigha Island

    A food poisoning claim with an injury claim solicitor in Gigha Island may be necessary if you have eaten out at food premises and become ill. Food poisoning is a very unpleasant illness in which no-one wants to be involved if it can be avoided. Accident Advice Helpline is a specialist personal injury law firm who can help you through this difficult experience.

    We have vast experience of personal injury claims and will set out to prove that you had food poisoning and where it came from. If your case is part of an outbreak, this may be an easier job and your food poisoning case may be more straightforward. The food poisoning outbreak may have been investigated by a group of specialist scientists and the environmental health department of your local council. Here are examples of evidence that may help your injury claim solicitor in Gigha Island with your food poisoning case.

    Proving your food poisoning claim

    The first thing that you have to prove in your food poisoning claim with an injury solicitor in Gigha Island is that you actually had food poisoning. There are several illnesses that have symptoms that are similar to food poisoning, and these include viral enteric diseases such as winter vomiting disease. The symptoms of food poisoning can include:

    • Vomiting;
    • Diarrhoea;
    • Nausea;
    • Malaise; and
    • Fever.

    There are microbiological tests that can be carried out that will confirm that you have had food poisoning and what type of food poisoning you had. These tests sometimes need to be done quite early on in the illness, so it is a good idea to speak to your family doctor as soon as you suspect that you have food poisoning and may want to start a claim.

    You should also contact your local environmental health department so that they can launch an investigation if needed. There may be many other people who are as ill as you are. The food poisoning investigators will be able to enter the suspect food premises and take samples. In some cases, they are able to identify the exact food that may be responsible and have it analysed in a laboratory. In others, they are able to find faults in the food business that look as if they could have caused the food poisoning. They may be physical problems such as broken fridge or problems with preparation practices.

    Open Claim Calculator

    There are scientific techniques (called epidemiology) which can analyse the information from everyone that ate at a particular restaurant and can pinpoint which foods caused the problem. The scientific investigation may provide useful information for your injury claim solicitor in Gigha Island. In fact, there may be several people making a claim at the same time.

    Looking for an injury claim solicitor in Gigha Island?

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile (charges may vary) and discuss your particular case with our helpful, friendly advisers.

    Date Published: 17th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.