Injury solicitor Higham occupational accidents can occur in any occupational sector and in workers that are employed in the public sector (councils) and in the private sector. One of the areas that many council workers and some private company workers are employed in is waste collection. This is a vital function of any society and without it households and businesses cannot function.
However, waste collection can be a hazardous activity and unfortunate accidents can occur. If an employee is injured in a waste related accident that is not their own fault then they may be able to start a Higham waste collection claim.
Accident Advice Helpline can help with injury claim solicitor in Higham waste collection claims. They will handle all of the legal aspects of the claim on a no win no fee* basis. This means that the injured worker does not have to pay huge upfront legal costs to get their Higham waste claim underway.
All about waste related claims
Waste related claims are common, in fact the waste collection sector has an accident rate that is four times higher than other similar industries. These can involve:
- Manual handling injuries – where an employee hurts themselves because they have been required to life a heavy or awkward shape or to repeatedly lift a lighter object. Back injuries are the most common manual handling injury.
- Slips, trips and falls – workers collecting waste may slip, trip or fall over debris and very nasty injuries can result.
- Hit by moving, flying or falling objects – waste collection can involve heavy lifting machinery that moves heavy objects over large distances and to great heights. Waste collection workers are vulnerable to being hit by objects that have fallen or become dislodged.
- Hit by moving vehicle – the waste collection and disposal business often involves large and heavy vehicles which move both forwards and backwards and present a hazard to the humans around them.
- Needle stick/sharps injuries – refuse will always contain sharp objects and waste workers are vulnerable to being cut and grazed by the substances that they are handling. These substances are also possibly contaminated with hazardous material which can include infectious diseases. This makes the refuse workers potentially exposed to nasty diseases.
Handling a waste related claim with an injury claim solicitor in Higham
If you have been injured in a waste-related accident which was not your fault then you may want to start a Higham waste claim. If you were injured at work then it is probably your employer that will be the person or organisation that you make a claim from. Accident Advice Helpline will collect all of the information about the accident in order to prove who was to blame.
Once this has been achieved they will negotiate a sum of money on your behalf. This is the compensation. In general, the more serious injuries attract the higher levels of compensation. You can also claim for things like loss of wages and extra child-care bills that have arisen because of your injury.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 24th November 2013
Author: David Brown