Do you need an injury claim solicitor in Hassocks?
If you have had an accident while living or working in Hassocks, Accident Advice Helpline may be able to help. We have a network of specialist solicitors across the country. We can put you in touch with an experienced injury claim solicitor in Hassocks to deal with your claim.
Advantages of Accident Advice Helpline
We are one of the UK’s top claims companies. With well over ten years of experience in dealing with personal injury cases since we were established in 2000, we have a great reputation. Here are some of the advantages of letting us help you:
- We operate a 100% no win no fee policy, so if you don’t win your case, you won’t face a large bill;
- We don’t ask clients for any money upfront to start their claim;
- We operate a free legal advice helpline which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can call us at any time;
- Our staff are friendly, helpful and will deal with your queries sympathetically;
- We have many specialist solicitors who operate a professional and efficient service;
- We have expertise in many different types of accidents; and
- We are proud to be endorsed by consumer champion Esther Rantzen.
How do I get in touch?
Call us. We are always here for you. The numbers are free to ring, and if we don’t know the answer to your query then we’ll ring you back:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline; or
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Our advisers will take details of your accident and tell you whether or not we think you have a good claim. We can give you an indication of how much your case may be worth if successful. There’s no obligation to proceed, but if you do then we can introduce you to the best injury claim solicitor in Hassocks to take your claim forward.
What happens next?
Your injury claim solicitor in Hassocks will receive details of your claim and negotiate it with the people involved in your accident. They will be aiming to secure a payment for you that will compensate you for:
- Loss of earnings;
- The injury you have suffered;
- Costs relating to your accident, such as prescriptions and transport; and
- Costs as a result of your accident, such as childcare or help around the home.
In many cases we find that claims can be processed over the phone, so you may not even have to attend court. If you do, your solicitor will be there to represent you. We may also ask you to attend one additional medical assessment.
Date Published: 17th November 2013
Author: David Brown